Books & Music What's your favorite era of music?

LabelLover81

Peace Love & Purses
O.G.
Mar 5, 2010
For me, it's that cheesy 90s club/dance music!
I love La Bouche, Haddaway, Amber, No Mercy, SNAP!, etc. I think part of the reason was I was in my teens and a high school cheerleader so we danced to ALL of this music. Great memories!
Anyone else love listening to older music and it puts them in a great mood?

Mid to Late 90's for me (yes, at the peak of the boyband/girl group phenomenon XD). I love pretty much everything from that music time period (can sing along to just about everything too haha)--- Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, Nirvana, Color Me Badd, TLC, En Vogue...

80's punk and 90's alternative. I'm not into modern music as much.

Same here. I'm stuck to Clash, Joy Division, Oasis, Primal Scream, and Nirvana. Oh and Bruce Springsteen. He is my favorite. Really can't find myself loving anything more modern. Exceptions are Amy Winehouse, Last Shadow Puppets, Gorillaz, and a few alternative American bands like Wilco.

My favourite? Well, I adore the Baroque era. J.S. Bach has to be my favourite composer, although I do like Vivaldi, Handel, Telemann and Couperin. The era is especially dear to my heart for its neatly composed melodies and use of the harpsichord, which has to be the best instrument ever invented.

I also like the Classical (Mozart, Haydn) and Romantic eras (Wagner, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky).

As far as the 20th and 21st centuries go, I like:

1930s/40s music: Marlene Dietrich, Lale Andersen, Vera Lynn.
1950/60s: Tom Lehrer (not very fond of these eras outside of Lehrer).
1980s/90s: Michael Jackson, Lacrimosa, Placebo, Rammstein, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears.

2000s: Emilie Autumn, Evanescence, Within Temptation, Nightwish, The Rasmus, t.A.T.u., Ke$ha, Natalia Kills, Simon Curtis, The Indelicates, Blackmore's Night, Katy Perry, Skillet.

As you can see in my avatar title, I'm really into music from the 80's and 90's.

I consider myself an expert in these eras but my specialty is in pop and alternative/indie rock.