Books & Music What's your favorite era of music?

Wow, this is tough...id say the 80s/90s alt, punk, and indie rock like pavement, the replacements, sonic youth, dinosaur jr, the descendents, joy division, new order, my bloody valentine, sunny day real estate, radiohead, etc...they all fit into very different genres but its too convoluted to go into right now.

I also love hip-hop from 85-2000....no artist today can touch the greats.

And i love pop music!

My favourite? Well, I adore the Baroque era. J.S. Bach has to be my favourite composer, although I do like Vivaldi, Handel, Telemann and Couperin. The era is especially dear to my heart for its neatly composed melodies and use of the harpsichord, which has to be the best instrument ever invented.
^the baroque era is my favorite for classical music too...& bach is my favorite composer as well! I also love the harpsichord.

I love 60s folk music (especially simon & garfunkel) because they remind me of my dad. also neil diamond...dad is a HUGE fan. southern rock (like nitty gritty dirt band, america, .38 special, lynyrd skynyrd, etc) remind me of my childhood...again, more of dad's music.

for my own favorites, I like:
60s: the beatles, the rolling stones, the doors
70s: led zeppelin, eagles, & disco (weird combo, huh?)
80s: new wave :heart:, punk, ac/dc, def leppard, van halen with david lee roth, aerosmith, boston, cheap trick, styx, etc
90s: grunge, post-grunge, & alternative (pearl jam, bush, sound garden, NIN, nirvana, temple of the dog, STP, foo fighters, alanis morissette, puddle of mudd, nickelback, etc)