I'm so out of the loop...

love_012

Mar 8, 2008
What kind of jeans are people wearing lately? The last pair of jeans I bought were Citizens maternity jeans.. in 2009.. :shocked: I'm embarrassed to say that I've only purchased work and yoga clothes in the last year and a half. I have made peace with the fact that I will NOT be able to squeeze into my old jeans anymore!

I used to live in Rock n Republic.. are they still kicking around? lol

Any brand/fit suggestions? I'm 29/5'5"/120 lbs. Please help!

Oh dont beat yourself up! Before I worked for a company with a completely casual dress code, my casual wardrobe SUCKED!

Im 28 and 5'6" with a little more meat than you and my fav brand is J Brand. I love that they have a bunch of different cuts - flare, pencil, skinny, etc. and the stretch factor is amazing.

You can find them anywhere from Saks to Bloomingdales and sometimes you can catch a good deal online. Happy Jean Shopping!

Flares are making a come-back this season, but just like skinnies, they do NOT work for all body types. I very much agree with Swanky in that all styles are available, and all styles are "in" - buy what fits and flatters YOU best.

Flares are making a come-back this season, but just like skinnies, they do NOT work for all body types. I very much agree with Swanky in that all styles are available, and all styles are "in" - buy what fits and flatters YOU best.

And I agree with this statement - forget what's 'in' and buy for your figure type. If you want to be seen as 'trendy' then perhaps look at what you are wearing on top -blouse/shirt but again, I think its more important to wear something that suits your bod rather than just fitting in with fashion.

In saying that though, stay with a dark wash jean regardless of style, I believe that is one thing that works for all ;)