MJ Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LB, I have never heard of fancy theatres like that. Of course, my area is country. How was Harry Potter? I'm going with a girlfriend tomorrow night. DH is going to take DS and he's going to ask his mom to take DD so I can go out. This is going to be my last chance at a few hours of freedom before I have the baby so I am really looking forward to it.

Hey June, Faith and PM!

Morning Ladies!!! TPF is back...kinda glad it went down coz I got all my packing done. I am moving out this weekend and moving into a friends place till I fly out on Tuesday. I am currently on hobo status! LOL

So I got the Cadillac leather polish/protectant thingy but I think I might have ruined my bag :sad:

I was using it no the stardust stam and I tried it on a small patch on the bottom of the bag. I rubbed some on the gold dots to see if it affects them. That way I can just get the entire bag done a lot quicker rather than go around each stardust. It seems to have been fine but when I moved to the side of the bag, and started rubbing it in, the gold dots seem to have "oxidized". I don't know if it was always this way or if I did it
:cry::cry:

I am waiting for someone to tell me I didn't eff up! Please tell me I didn't? I am going to cry my guts out! :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

hello, ladies!

i'm in london right now on business. it was last minute and nightmarish. my iphone got stolen right off my desk yesterday. it wasn't fun scrambling around to get a new one. i don't mind the lost phone so much, but the violated feeling blows. the trip's also making me a miss a good friend's wedding. i can't even enjoy the city right now.

classic, i've used leather cleaner on my bags before, gotten some of it on the hardware, but the plating never came off. i don't think cadilliac is that much stronger than apple. i'm sorry it happened to you, but the stardust studs are so small. i'm sure it's not noticeable at all. however, i understand it bothering you.

lilah, have fun at the fancy theater with your bf. i've been to one in thailand and i'm reminded of the extreme difference every time i watch a movie in the u.s.

Hi Tad!!

I love London!! The food is some of the best around the world! I am really sad but I feel better knowing that I didn't cause it.

Any idea how to restore the stardust to it's normal gold tone? My room mate said you get silver and gold jewelry polish which basically deoxidize's (if that's even a word) the gold/silver platting. Any thoughts?

Tad, I hope your trip in London gets better. That super sucks about your iphone. Like you said, it's the feeling of being violated. I can't believe people can be so desperate to steal a phone. I understand food and clothes (not that I'm condoning stealing) but a darn phone? Just try to enjoy your trip.

Hey Marie! Good luck with that internship. It's exhausting but it'll definitely be worth it in the end.

Classic, sorry about your bag. I honestly have no idea on how to help you out. Glad you got your packing done. One less thing to worry about.

hey girls. not too much time to catch up so just checking in, hope everyone's having a good weekend

tad, i know you're not having fun there now but i'm still super jealous you're even there. hopefully you're going to have a bit of time to enjoy yourself

Classic, that stinks about the stardust. I can't imagine, though. I've sprayed MK protectant on mine. They are fine. It's the same studs as on the paradise bags. I wonder if buffing them with one of those chamois (sp?) nail buffing thingies would buff that off. When my rings get dull, I use one on them. It takes the oxidation off. Can't hurt to try it on one little star.

Hey ladies! Excited to have a few hours this evening to myself for the first time in a really long time. Going to go see Harry Potter with a friend and MIL is watching the kids. Need this respite if only for a few hours. Especially before the baby is born cuz I'm not going to be able to going anywhere for awhile without a baby in tow.

Hey Nas, just noticed the purse hanging on your avatar. Love it!

hi girls, just stopping by to say hi.

classic~ i've never had any issues with cadillac and i've used it on LV, chloe, mj, mulberry....and gotten it on HW too. maybe it just had a bit of tarish before you put the conditioner on it and just didn't see it? :shrugs: i dunno.....but i seriously doubt the conditioner did it. that's one thing about the gold HW MJ does...it fades over time...

Morning! Saw Harry Potter last night. It's kind of an end to an era. Been watching it over the course of the 10 year running and now it's over.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. We are having crazy humidity. Usually it's so dry here and this humidity is so unusual.

good morning!

sorry about the stardust, classic. i'm sure it's not noticeable but i know we probably baby our bags more than most people

congrats on starting the internship, marie! that's super exciting and i'm sure you'll be wonderfully

what did you think of HP, IG? i never read the series and wasn't overly fond of the movies (couldn't get through part 1) but i was pleasantly surprised with this one, i thought it was really well done

Faith, I love Harry Potter. I've got all the books and movies. I'm not obsessive crazed but I do like HP. Sad to see them end just because they started 10 years ago and I've always looked forward to the next one coming out. But, time to move onto something else I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.