Best color match for my vintage Coach bag

Oh, I can help with this.

The March issue of InStyle mag has a section devoted to caring for your higher end purses and lists a leather cleanser/moisterizer combo that is for ALL colors of leather, it is a Kiwi product and retails for $4. Find that issue and you will see the product. They recommened looking for it in any good shoe repair shop.

Thanks. I will check it out. But I was really thinking that because the color is worn on parts of the shoulder strap, that it would look "newer" with a bit of shoe cream. (I really need to stop my "addiction" of using "quotes.")

Hi again. Today I took my vintage bag back to Coach. After the SA tried out their conditioner and cleaner products she ended up sending me to a shoe repair store close by. I purchased Meltonian # 153-sherwood. The color is a perfect match and now the bag is looking g r e a t !

Word of caution: The shoe repair man warned me that the color may rub off onto my clothes so I followed the polish with the conditioner. I will keep everyone informed if it becomes a problem.
Thanks!

Did Coach say it was okay to put color on it?

Since Coach's products did not work to restore the color, the SA believed it was worth a try. The color cream may stain clothing, therefore leather dye is a better choice. I forgot to mention, the shoe repair place can re-dye the bag for $29.

I will try to send pics...so far I have not had luck posting pics that aren't the size of garbage cans!