how do you organize and store your nail polish?

When I find a salon to buy several polishes from, I ask if I can buy the OPI stands...they usually include them in the deal or call me when they get replacements. I have two displays that hold 70+, two that hold 30+ and a train case. All OPI, of course!

Saw the post about how to organise your cosmetics (clever idea by the way), and I just wondered if this type of storage applies to nail polish as well? I have a metal beauty case (it looks like I am a spy with a case full of gadgets, hehehe!!:roflmfao:), which stores appx 200 polishes.

Just wandered what you ladies used to store all your nail poilishes, do you have an organisation system, seperating brands etc? How many polishes do you own..........?

I'm still building my collection so I don't have a lot of polishes yet. I'm already outgrowing my current case.

43461bf2.jpg

I'm one of those boring people who stores theirs in a plastic box. This is actually a shoe box, and was purchased at the Container Store for $1.99. It's pretty sturdy. I don't have any shelving for my polishes, so they have to go on a shelf in a cabinet in my vanity, and this is the best solution for the space. I wish that all polishes came with boxes because I would be able to see exactly what I have, such as with the Chanels.

Nailpolishes043011.jpg

I'm one of those boring people who stores theirs in a plastic box. This is actually a shoe box, and was purchased at the Container Store for $1.99. It's pretty sturdy. I don't have any shelving for my polishes, so they have to go on a shelf in a cabinet in my vanity, and this is the best solution for the space. I wish that all polishes came with boxes because I would be able to see exactly what I have, such as with the Chanels.
OMG I want your chanel collection!!! You've got several on my hit list.

I too keep my polishes in boring clear plastic bins. They do look nice all stacked though. I've got 6 of those bins full of polish.

I'm having a dilemma. Not sure if I should organize by brand or by colors or by "seasons", meaning darks together, neons together, etc. What to do?!

I went thru the same dilemma - in the end I chose to order by brand, then by colour within each brand. Organizing by colour only just looked too haphazard with all the different bottle shapes mixed up together

This is the box my hubby bought me for my birthday, and I absolutely love it! I've already out grown it though, I've bought way more np's and other stuff since the pics were taken! The first pic is on its side for some reason. One more pic to come. The last pic was taken looking down at it from the side.

I was looking at the Fat Max but didn't see this one! I like the way you can view everything at once. This is fantastic. In fact, this is a really helpful thread as I was just agonizing over how to organize my collection, although mine is not nearly as extensive as you ladies have!

For me, the issue isn't so much the polishes, but all of the other accoutrements - the polish removers, the implements, the cotton balls and pads, etc. Plus, I've recently made the switch to gel polishes, so there's the lamp and cord and additional supplies. I also headed to The Container Store and bought this storage box - called a Busy Box and really meant for toys (how very appropriate). I keep the big bottles of liquids, cotton balls and pads, salon mats, etc. in the bottom bin, the UV lamp and cord and smaller bottles in the middle section and polishes and implements in the top. I keep all my implements in translucent utility trays so I can just drop the whole tray in boiling water, the dishwasher or sterilizing liquid at the end of each sesion. The polishes I keep in Handy Boxes with lids and handles. That way I can keep the UV gel polishes separate from the regular ones, and I can take out only the box I need. Plus, I can roll the whole thing into a closet and out of the way. I've been using this for about a month now and I am hoping it is a lasting solution.

BusyBox_l.jpg 15049.jpg HandyBox_x.jpg

I was looking at the Fat Max but didn't see this one! I like the way you can view everything at once. This is fantastic. In fact, this is a really helpful thread as I was just agonizing over how to organize my collection, although mine is not nearly as extensive as you ladies have!

For me, the issue isn't so much the polishes, but all of the other accoutrements - the polish removers, the implements, the cotton balls and pads, etc. Plus, I've recently made the switch to gel polishes, so there's the lamp and cord and additional supplies. I also headed to The Container Store and bought this storage box - called a Busy Box and really meant for toys (how very appropriate). I keep the big bottles of liquids, cotton balls and pads, salon mats, etc. in the bottom bin, the UV lamp and cord and smaller bottles in the middle section and polishes and implements in the top. I keep all my implements in translucent utility trays so I can just drop the whole tray in boiling water, the dishwasher or sterilizing liquid at the end of each sesion. The polishes I keep in Handy Boxes with lids and handles. That way I can keep the UV gel polishes separate from the regular ones, and I can take out only the box I need. Plus, I can roll the whole thing into a closet and out of the way. I've been using this for about a month now and I am hoping it is a lasting solution.

View attachment 1424074 View attachment 1424075 View attachment 1424076

That is really cool! I hope you don't run out of room like I have though....I have way too many polishes(my count is well over 300, just not sure exactly where, lol!), and like you said way too many accoutrements.:graucho:

I have a drawer dedicated to them. The middle stuff is my everyday supplies/topcoats. The random nailpolishes are the ones I haven't tried yet and the stuff in the baskets are my collection!

Not the best picture but it's self explanatory.
IMG_1294.jpg