koala style clasp- longevity question

The one on my new-to-me mini pleaty has no chips but a few "scuffs". They really are not noticable unless you look very close. I think the scuffing is to be expected because of the design. Chipping though, dunno. :shrugs: Some of my other older pieces have tarnish on the zipper portions, I suppose the same could occur on the koala. How about using brass polish to brighten it up?

My Monogram Koala wallet was very scratched from constant useage. It's cute, but I don't want to buy another slide lock item too soon. Might change my mind later.

My Monogram Koala wallet was very scratched from constant useage. It's cute, but I don't want to buy another slide lock item too soon. Might change my mind later.
OT: hi pinki!;)

OP: hi! ita...works fine, no probs with tarnishing, but scratched easily and very soon ater purchase, and i was not super careful, but it was not abused or used roughly....

I have a Mini Pleaty. I've worn it maybe 10 times maximum, but the lock seems to be doing well. There's a few tiny surface scratches, but it's still shiny and beautiful. And not to mention, so darn cute! :girlsigh:

Although I would imagine that the lock on the bags and the lock on the accessories may fare a bit differently, since it seems like the lock on the accessories would be handled more and maybe brush up more against other stuff in your bag? :confused1:

hmmm....It really depends on how careful you use it and how much you use it. If you use it a LOT and abuse it, I'll give it max 2 years before all the gold gets scratched/chipped, otherwise, it really depends:yes: