kimberly mcdonald bracelet-need advice!

I just looked up S&R Designs and the collection is made out of sterling and is mass produced. I own a couple pieces from Kimberly McDonald and could never imagine comparing her line to this fake garbage.

Geode & druzy are not expensive, you are definitely paying for the designer name, diamonds and to-the-moment demand for the look.

The bracelet is gorgeous but her line is very expensive. I would suggest googling S&R Designs and see if there's a retailer in your area that carries their line. It's also quite beautiful, quality A++, still on the pricey side but nearly as high as K. McDonald.

• Haha
Reactions: lulilu
I just looked up S&R Designs and the collection is made out of sterling and is mass produced. I own a couple pieces from Kimberly McDonald and could never imagine comparing her line to this fake garbage.

They also produce in 18kt gold, they have gone to SS to reduce price points - hey, to each his own. Not bashing K. McDonald, just an opinion.

Hi there...this is Kimberly McDonald and I see you've taken a photo of my property without asking. No, there will be no discount. Additionally, it seems to me that several people on here have no clue what comes along with a top quality, hand made one-of-a-kind piece of fine jewelry. You can buy a knock off, sure....but you will always be wearing a knock off. Enjoy!

I didn't really take a picture of your property but of the store's property...I thought your piece was beautiful! and was actually headed back to the store to purchase it until i read your post...

Do you buy your Chanel bags in Chinatown?

Wow, rude much? Just because someone prefers another brand to yours does not mean that they shop in Chinatown for knockoffs. There is nothing wrong with liking the idea of one designer and preferring to purchase it elsewhere due to a lower cost or overall design preference. I wouldn't wear your brand now even if you paid me to, nothing turns me off more than a designer who thinks their product should be rated higher above everyone else's purely because they believe themselves to be superior to others.

Hi there...this is Kimberly McDonald and I see you've taken a photo of my property without asking. No, there will be no discount. Additionally, it seems to me that several people on here have no clue what comes along with a top quality, hand made one-of-a-kind piece of fine jewelry. You can buy a knock off, sure....but you will always be wearing a knock off. Enjoy!
WOW, crass much? I love your pieces and was considering purchasing one of your bracelets. I was planning on buying a non diamond/sterling version first in order to see if I was willing to invest my money into one of your pieces...I was very VERY tempted before you posted this rude comment on TPF. i'm not sure if you are familiar with TPF but when someone googles kimberly mcdonald this thread will come up on the 1st page along with your website. people will see how you treat potential customers who loved your line. I'm sorry but I will never buy from your line because of the disrespect shown here:nono:

a friend of kim mcd perhaps? why do people join tpf just to bash the choices of others? :lecture:

I thought it was perhaps one of her underlings.......who else would jump on the back of another designer with so much disrespect......someone did not have their 'thinking-cap' on and made a very poor choice of words.....I feel I need to reduce my thoughts to an elementary level since that is where she took it.:smile:

I thought it was perhaps one of her underlings.......who else would jump on the back of another designer with so much disrespect......someone did not have their 'thinking-cap' on and made a very poor choice of words.....I feel I need to reduce my thoughts to an elementary level since that is where she took it.:smile:
I agree, both of those comments were not thought out at all, maybe they need to be sent to the corner for a "timeout":P

i still am in shock that the actual designer was so rude! she could have had a great place to reach out to the non celeb crowd but now she has totally turned me off...it's crazy!
it's also interesting that she joined tpf today...

I bet she (or an assistant, etc) googled her name, saw this thread, which is why she joined & wrote that snarky message.

a friend of kim mcd perhaps? why do people join tpf just to bash the choices of others? :lecture:

I didn't even think of that, but when I was writing this reply to anmldr1, I realized that you're probably right. The 2nd snarky person who commented was probably the assistant who found this thread and brought it to KMcDonald's attention.

ETA: This is her twitter account: http://twitter.com/#!/KMD_Jewelry I'm tempted to write something & then ****** link this thread to let potential customers know how she treats her potential clients.

digby723...i feel the same way as far as the twitter account goes...i just can't believe that's how she would treat potential clients...

i could never imagine talking to any of my clients with such a condescending tone...