kimberly mcdonald bracelet-need advice!

Justifying one's own creation is acceptable...Pointing out the quality difference is fine too, but it should be done gracefully. Bashing buyer's opinions, arrogance, rudeness....Its just not done. Many people with different financial backgrounds and tastes in jewelry visit the Purse Forum. Everyone should respect each other's opinions....

A talented designer, owning a business should be the most patient and humble person. IMO

I am so disgusted with this entire thread, especially since the majority of you are siding against a designer such as Kimberly McDonald. So, what if she was pissed and said what she said- it really wasn't that bad anyway! Her collections are one of the most original I've ever seen! And to have people copying her ideas/designs, or even talking about purchasing a copy is repulsive. Her pieces ARE the best quality- she aquires the best selections of geodes there are. All the gold used for her pieces is 100% recycled, as yes, every item is made in the U.S. Regardless, the piece in question (geode bracelet,) is one of the most inexpensive pieces her line carries! Of course she's going to say- whatever- don't buy it, when she has tons of celebrities and wealthy people buying the $20k & $60k pieces! Why don't you go buy a fake coach bag! Pathetic! If you walk into a beautifully expensive store and you can't drop 2-3K, maybe your in the wrong store. Just be real and go do your shopping at ross and stop trying to be someone your not...

• Angry
Reactions: lulilu
I am NOT the designer- just someone who has met the designer and knows a thing or two about her collection...and no you did not see the same bracelet at Ross my dear. I stubbled onto this thread by chance- i couldn't believe that people would talk about how they are going to buy a copy of a designers work or even have it made for them cheaper...so appalling- is that what this site is about?? I am only voicing my opinion on this matter and hoping to enlighten folks with the fatcs.

wow- no respect for people who work hard to be where they are at. I am an artist/designer and I still haven't made it. If I did, the last thing I would want is somebody to go and copy my stuff. I feel bad for people like Kimberly and the future designers of tomorrow. Maybe I should stop working so hard and just make cheap copies of someone else's art... so frickin' lame- never visiting this site again. i'm sure you'll all be happy about it

I am totally obsessed with geode jewelry lately...I just discovered this designer...just not sure if it's worth the $$$$... the pic is of a bracelet that i have on hold...it does have real diamonds around the actual rock
photo.jpg
Hi I know I'm a year late to this thread but I just discovered Kimberly McDonald and I love love love her stuff but it's way too $$. Did u have any luck with the etsy store

Candice0985 said:
^ dont let kimberley mcdonald know you want a less expensive option she'll come back on this thread and starting throwing rude comments around again!!!:lol:

Hahahaha! WOW I just read this thread! How disgusting was this!!! Does she REALLY think she has original work? I've seen such similar pieces almost damn near identical pieces from the 80s FROM DUBAI! Her pieces are not equivalent to the price she charged. I am appalled that a designer would lower herself like this. Geode jewelry has been around for decades, she joined the bandwagon not created the trend. My cousin was considering to give these bracelets out to her friends for graduation including toward me, I will make sure that Kim whatever does not profit from anything related to me!

Last edited:
Hahahaha! WOW I just read this thread! How disgusting was this!!! Does she REALLY think she has original work? I've seen such similar pieces almost damn near identical pieces from the 80s FROM DUBAI! Her pieces are not equivalent to the price she charged. I am appalled that a designer would lower herself like this. Geode jewelry has been around for decades, she joined the bandwagon not created the trend. My cousin was considering to give these bracelets out to her friends for graduation including toward me, I will make sure that Kim whatever does not profit from anything related to me!
I know huh? she acted like she created the geode! she should have been flattered but instead took offense...ohwell!

It's bbaaaaccckkkkk! Can I just say... Indignant Indignant Indignant... lol. To LoFlo who defended this designer with such honor, you're right, her pieces are beautiful, I see them at Ross all the time, but her comments were ugly. I hope she has changed her outlook with this passage of time.

• Haha
It's bbaaaaccckkkkk! Can I just say... Indignant Indignant Indignant... lol. To LoFlo who defended this designer with such honor, you're right, her pieces are beautiful, I see them at Ross all the time, but her comments were ugly. I hope she has changed her outlook with this passage of time.

:roflmfao: omg every time i see this thread surface I think back to that whole "encounter" with the designer LOL. craaaayyyzayyy....:graucho: