kimberly mcdonald bracelet-need advice!

WOW, crass much? I love your pieces and was considering purchasing one of your bracelets. I was planning on buying a non diamond/sterling version first in order to see if I was willing to invest my money into one of your pieces...I was very VERY tempted before you posted this rude comment on TPF. i'm not sure if you are familiar with TPF but when someone googles kimberly mcdonald this thread will come up on the 1st page along with your website. people will see how you treat potential customers who loved your line. I'm sorry but I will never buy from your line because of the disrespect shown here:nono:

What you choose to buy or not buy is your decision. I simply stated a fact. Using the best material and workmenship costs money. You were not so indignant when trying to find out how to copy my work!

• Haha
Reactions: lulilu
I didn't really take a picture of your property but of the store's property...I thought your piece was beautiful! and was actually headed back to the store to purchase it until i read your post...

Actually, I do own the piece...not the store. I am happy that you thought it was beautiful. We make every single piece by hand. If you choose to purchase something else, that is entirely your right. Even if you are indignant....a copy of someone's work really is still a copy.

• Haha
I bet she (or an assistant, etc) googled her name, saw this thread, which is why she joined & wrote that snarky message.

I didn't even think of that, but when I was writing this reply to anmldr1, I realized that you're probably right. The 2nd snarky person who commented was probably the assistant who found this thread and brought it to KMcDonald's attention.

ETA: This is her twitter account: http://twitter.com/#!/KMD_Jewelry I'm tempted to write something & then ****** link this thread to let potential customers know how she treats her potential clients.

I stated, as a matter of information, that hand made fine jewelry is not inexpensive. No matter what you do in life you probably don't appreciate being copied. This was a series of posts in which a group of people were discussing
how to copy my original work. It is still a copy...regardless of how indignant you may get. My pieces are made in the US, not outsourced like many other companies. I work closely with the people who hand make my pieces. They put their expertise and their heart into doing what they do.
I am a big fan of ETSY...most of the people on that site are artists who have their own unique ideas.

YOU are not the only one working with geode, or other variations of natural rock formations. Please do not try to back pedal and explain the ugliness of your comments. There are other designers in the field that also do hand-made, one of a kind, nature based pieces of jewelry. Please do not treat the people of this forum like they don't have a brain. You apparently had yours turned off when you spewed your nasty comments...........Gee, hope you have a good day!

What you choose to buy or not buy is your decision. I simply stated a fact. Using the best material and workmenship costs money. You were not so indignant when trying to find out how to copy my work!
it's not a fact, your not the first person in this industry to use agate/geode etc.. I work in the jewellery industry as well and have seen many companies work with these materials, are you going to approach them with snarky unnecessary comments and accuse them of copying your work? no.
I do not need to defend my actions my fellow pf's on this board know my taste in jewellery and it does not involve knockoffs.

ugh I cannot believe the way you handled this matter, i'm actually repulsed by the way you handled a potential customer who was about to purchase your bracelet!!
I will NEVER buy one of your pieces....EVER.
I do not normally speak this way towards members of tpf but i'm just shocked at these comments, I will not respond to you again, its not worth my effort and time.

• Love
thanks so much candice! it does suck that the original bracelet has been tarnished! i don't think i could ever purchase anything by this desinger again...such a shame! i'm sure i'll find something else to lust after:smile:

YOU are not the only one working with geode, or other variations of natural rock formations. Please do not try to back pedal and explain the ugliness of your comments. There are other designers in the field that also do hand-made, one of a kind, nature based pieces of jewelry. Please do not treat the people of this forum like they don't have a brain. You apparently had yours turned off when you spewed your nasty comments...........Gee, hope you have a good day!

I will! You too.

• Angry
thanks so much candice! it does suck that the original bracelet has been tarnished! i don't think i could ever purchase anything by this desinger again...such a shame! i'm sure i'll find something else to lust after:smile:
thats the bad (good?) thing about jewellery...there's always something else:graucho: it never ends LOL