White marks on Hunter Wellies

Got my Hunter Huntress boots yesterday and wearing them today on this rainy NY day. Very comfy and I can now tuck in my pants

Attachments

• IMG_3318.JPG
    IMG_3318.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 12,831
I love these! Where did you get them? I thought they Huntress boots said Huntress on the front instead of Hunter?

I got them in zappos. they're perfect if you have wider calves. No the front says Hunter like regular hunter boots the difference with these from the original is that they're wider on top if you don't have stick thin legs

http://www.zappos.com/hunter-huntress-black

Hi! i have the "blooming" problem with my hunter boots. I've been reading about the UV tech spray, and the Armorall, but the thing is I live in Argentina, and I can't find the hunter products or any of the brands you have mentioned. Could you tell me what's on those products? what are they? So if anyone could tell me whats on the ARMOR ALL and the UV TECH SPRAY i would really apreciate it!
thanks!!!!

I purchased a lovely pair of black gloss original hunter boots, which when they arrived were a beautiful deep glossy black. However they were the wrong size, so I reordered the size down, which when arrived were completely covered in white bloom, and definitely not glossy or black.

I did a google search and tried all the suggestions - warm soapy water (does nothing!), olive oil (manages to disguise the blooming momentarily, but not remove it) and all sorts of household cleansers, none of which worked.

I decided to instead research rubber blooming which came up with a number of solutions - one being to find a solvent, or something that you would use to clean your car tyres (Armour All). I had no Armour All, and the closest thing I could find to a solvent was a bottle of Manicure Brush Cleaner. It worked like a dream! Completely removed the bloom, and the boots are even more black & glossy than my first pair!

I realise that this product is quite strong, and the Hunter website says specifically not to use any solvent products, but I'd much prefer risking that than having boots I am not happy wearing.

I just used the Hunter spray and the Hunter buffer on my Jimmy Choo ones that were completely covered with the white bloom. Everything came off right away! I hardly need to scrub at all, just a simple wipe and it's shiny. It's so simple and quick I wouldn't even mind doing this often if the bloom comes back again.

ok, as promised i came back on to tell you waht i did. i did not get to the store to buy the hunter stuff , but in the meantime i did use olive oil, i scrubbed it on on one spot, and just heavily soaked it on all the other parts. no rubbing.. it all came back in a couple of days. scrubbing or drenched on..

now for the hunter stuff or armour all.

later

wow, so glad i found this forum, i am going to try the hunter stuff and get back to you all. or maybe the armour all. we will see what stores are open today down in the beaches:smile:

I just used the Hunter spray and the Hunter buffer on my Jimmy Choo ones that were completely covered with the white bloom. Everything came off right away! I hardly need to scrub at all, just a simple wipe and it's shiny. It's so simple and quick I wouldn't even mind doing this often if the bloom comes back again.
but can you come back on and tell us if it lasts? and for how long.

thanks

Ok, this is going to sound kind of strange, but I found that toilet cleaner works wonders on the white blooming!! I live in the UK where limescale is a massive problem in showers and toilets so I have heavy duty toilet cleaner to get rid of that residue. I thought about it and the blooming is just residue on the boots so i patch tested a little bit of my toilet cleaner (Harpic) and it got it right off! I've worn them a few times since and it seems to be gone for good.

I have had my fuchsia hunter wellies for almost 2 years now and they have lots of white marks and are very faded as I use them on a daily basis. I really do not want to throw them away because Hunter wellies are quite expensive and I think there are a lot more wear in them. Any ideas for what I can do to restore the colour a little or maybe make the colour a bit more even? Thanks. :smile: