EYE CREAM recommendations!

karmita

O.G.
Dec 27, 2005
Ladies,
Turned 25 and am coming around to the fact that i'm not going to be preternaturally young looking forever! which is all well and good, I'm all for aging gracefully and getting wiser etc ...just want to keep WRINKLES and sag out of the equation. :P

THey say prevention is better than cure so I am asking you for recommendations on your favorite EYE products. It's extremely hard to navigate Sephora without having any actual ideas as to what's good/better/best on the market.

Merci beaucoup!
karmita

I just turned...gulp...31 and I love Chanel's age delay eye gel. It is light and works great!! It never irritates my sensitive eyes. It kinda works for circles and does great at puffies too.

I vote for Clinique All About Eyes as a good starter eye cream. It doesn't break you out, yet is rich enough to plump skin up around the eye area. Usually counters have samples, or your can wait to see if a Clinique Bonus Time is coming up (this is a popular cream included with the gift).

Oh...good topic karmita!

As far as I understand there at different kinds of products. Ones that reduce circles and puffiness, ones that target under eye wrinkles and crows feet and ones that firm the eye lid to stop from drooping.

I hope someone can reccommend different creams for different things. For example I am looking for something tat reduced under eye wrinkles and crows feet and another for upper eyelid firming. I have never had a problem with bags and under eye circles (ok I do love my bags- but theyre a different kind!).

Any reccomendations?

You should actually get two eye creams, one for day with SPF and one for night that is heavier. I like the Dermalogica one with SPF for day. I think Murad makes a good one as well. I don't like their products much but I have heard positive things about their eye cream with SPF. Not sure who else. For night, I use Babor Sensational Eyes now but have used all different ones in the past.

Ladies,
Turned 25 and am coming around to the fact that i'm not going to be preternaturally young looking forever! which is all well and good, I'm all for aging gracefully and getting wiser etc ...just want to keep WRINKLES and sag out of the equation. :P

THey say prevention is better than cure so I am asking you for recommendations on your favorite EYE products. It's extremely hard to navigate Sephora without having any actual ideas as to what's good/better/best on the market.

Merci beaucoup!
karmita
Karmita, you are so lucky!!! I just found the best eye cream I have ever used. It's a bit pricey but anything worthwhile is expensive. I just found it online for $66.00 which is a good price. I paid $85.00 plus tax at my plastic surgeon's office. The name is Obagi Elastiderm Night Eye Cream. It's brand new and it's fabulous! I could see a difference in the overall appearance of my lids and undereye areas in a few days. Believe me, I'm very experienced in this area. I've had multiple cosmetic surgeries, botox, collagen, restalynn (sp?), retin A, laser peels, chemical peels, a fat transfer (unsuccessful) etc. etc, etc. My guess is that if you start using this product at 25, you will never need cosmetic surgery on your eyes. I wish I was lucky enough to find it at your age. If I could, I would buy a vat of this stuff and soak in it every day! Keep up the fight against Mother Nature, Father Time, and gravity. It's worth it!

Dear LondonBrat, I just answered Karmita regarding the eye-cream question when I noticed your post. As I said earlier, the best thing I have ever tried on my eyes, and for the exact problems you mentioned, is Obagi Elastiderm Night Eye Cream. It's not necessarily for dark circles (I never had them) but for crowsfeet and loose skin on the upper and lower lids, this product kicks butt! I'm thrilled with it and sooooo happy to have a chance to share this info with others. No, I don't have stock in Obagi - maybe I should!

Dear LondonBrat, I just answered Karmita regarding the eye-cream question when I noticed your post. As I said earlier, the best thing I have ever tried on my eyes, and for the exact problems you mentioned, is Obagi Elastiderm Night Eye Cream. It's not necessarily for dark circles (I never had them) but for crowsfeet and loose skin on the upper and lower lids, this product kicks butt! I'm thrilled with it and sooooo happy to have a chance to share this info with others. No, I don't have stock in Obagi - maybe I should!

^^^what are the ingredients? I'm curious....

I researched a bunch of eye creams and this weekend just bought Clinique's All About Eyes Rich - a creamier version of the All About Eyes gel. It's supposed to add moisture (of course) to help plump the skin to avoid wrinkles and reduce dark circles (I work too much and sleep too little).

It's really rich and creamy and I've been using it 2x/day. So far, it seems good, though I'm not at the end of the long work week yet to really see how it does with those dark circles! :P

Hello Redney - I don't have the cream with me but I will definitely respond asap. Hopefully, it's listed on the jar because I already threw the box away. I'll be going off line now but I'm sure I can get back with an answer by tomorrow. Please bear in mind that this product doesn't mention it reduces dark circles, unless I missed that part in the description. Regarding what you have already purchased, it could be terrific for your type of skin. Also, any cream is better than no cream at all, and every little bit helps! Elastiderm is designed for older women with crowsfeet and sagging, crepey skin above and below the eye (don't ask!). But I see no reason why younger people can't benefit from it too. Thanks for your interest.

^^^thanks, Marchlien! I appreciate your help...I'm also going to Google the product to see. I'm kind of an "ingredients" geek, wanting to learn what's in the products that work... :smile:

If you are worried about aging find a product with retinol. This is the best thing on the market for anti-aging.

Since you are young you could also ask your doctor to write you a perscription for a stronger retinol that is available in over the counter products. I have used both Retin-A and Tazorak.

Since you are under 40 your insurance should cover as an acne medication. Over 40 it is considered an anti-aging cream so insurance companies won't cover it then.

^^^what are the ingredients? I'm curious....
I just found the following list of ingredients:
Ingredients

Water, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, C13-15 Alkane, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, PEG-100 Stearate, Diproprylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether Benzoate, Polyacrylamide, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetyl Dimethicone, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Algae Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Malonic Acid, Malachite, Zinc Carbonate Silica, Talc, Alumina, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)

I really want to try this out. I LOVE Obagi products and this one sounds great!