EYE CREAM recommendations!

I use the Chanel eye cream and heard good things about Natura Bisse (sp?)

YES! Love natura bisse diamond bio-lift eye cream, it's $137 for .8 oz which is larger than the usual .5 oz size. It's pricey but it is great, and don't let the "lift" word scare you, it has a great texture and ingreadients that help prevent collagen breakdown......

BTW, eye cream is one of the most important things you can use to keep yourself looking youthful. Your eye area is the first place to show signs of age because the skin around your eyes is so thin and delicate, there really isn't any fatty tissue to reinforce it and it does not heal and regenerate like other skin on your body can. IMO 25 is too old for "starter" eye creams, no offense to anyone, but a starter eye cream like clinique all about eyes I would have sold to a 17 or 18 year old girl when I worked in cosmetics. I've been using eye cream since I'm about 16 or 17 and I wish I started even earlier.

I find that I switch off creams as my skin changes with hormonal fluctuations through the month. I think it's important to have a good hydrating cream, a good eye gel for puffiness, and a sunscreen for the eye area that you can put on top of your regular eye cream.....They do make creams with spf in them but I'm usually not happy with the hydration of them so I just buy a sep. eye sunscreen and either use that over my eye cream if I'm out in the elements or I wear my concealer with sunscreen in it for just regular work days when I'm just in the car and my office. Sunglasses are very important too!!

Oh...good topic karmita!

As far as I understand there at different kinds of products. Ones that reduce circles and puffiness, ones that target under eye wrinkles and crows feet and ones that firm the eye lid to stop from drooping.

I hope someone can reccommend different creams for different things. For example I am looking for something tat reduced under eye wrinkles and crows feet and another for upper eyelid firming. I have never had a problem with bags and under eye circles (ok I do love my bags- but theyre a different kind!).

Any reccomendations?

hmmm, well not all eye creams are meant for the lid area....... I usually like my skin care companies to be just skin care (though do like a couple of Shu Uemura skincare products) all these fashion and cosmetic companies that have come out with skincare have not impressed me at all, Chanel and Dior included (love their makeup though) That said, I do like products from cle de peu and sisely but I can't get myself to buy them because I don't feel like the high $$$ I'm spending is funding them in just skincare reasearch if that makes any sense....So as I stated in my last post I love Natura Bisse, I also really like Revive eye renewal cream, which is a gel that can be used alone and under another cream, and best of all it's made for the lid area too. Go on Neiman Marcus.com and check out those two companies....I still work in the cosmetic industry very part time as a makeup artist for a large cosmetic company in Saks, NM, etc., but I have a fair deal of experience in the industry and am VERY picky about products I use so it takes a lot for me to say I like something.

My favorites I have used are Re Vive's eye renewal gel and their eye cream, Chanel #1 eye cream, and Chanel Ultracorrective eye. In the end, I always go back to Chanel Ultracorrective eye.

I have used so many eye creams I can't recall them all - for a while I swore by Re Vive - but, in the end Chanel never lets me down.

YES! Love natura bisse diamond bio-lift eye cream, it's $137 for .8 oz which is larger than the usual .5 oz size. It's pricey but it is great, and don't let the "lift" word scare you, it has a great texture and ingreadients that help prevent collagen breakdown......

BTW, eye cream is one of the most important things you can use to keep yourself looking youthful. Your eye area is the first place to show signs of age because the skin around your eyes is so thin and delicate, there really isn't any fatty tissue to reinforce it and it does not heal and regenerate like other skin on your body can. IMO 25 is too old for "starter" eye creams, no offense to anyone, but a starter eye cream like clinique all about eyes I would have sold to a 17 or 18 year old girl when I worked in cosmetics. I've been using eye cream since I'm about 16 or 17 and I wish I started even earlier.

I find that I switch off creams as my skin changes with hormonal fluctuations through the month. I think it's important to have a good hydrating cream, a good eye gel for puffiness, and a sunscreen for the eye area that you can put on top of your regular eye cream.....They do make creams with spf in them but I'm usually not happy with the hydration of them so I just buy a sep. eye sunscreen and either use that over my eye cream if I'm out in the elements or I wear my concealer with sunscreen in it for just regular work days when I'm just in the car and my office. Sunglasses are very important too!!

no offence taken! i know that i'm waay old to be starting on eye creams...i'm just hoping that my asian mama's genes will take me faaaar. :smile: but yes, i will be going to get some potions and lotions today. ;)

Hello Redney - I don't have the cream with me but I will definitely respond asap. Hopefully, it's listed on the jar because I already threw the box away. I'll be going off line now but I'm sure I can get back with an answer by tomorrow. Please bear in mind that this product doesn't mention it reduces dark circles, unless I missed that part in the description. Regarding what you have already purchased, it could be terrific for your type of skin. Also, any cream is better than no cream at all, and every little bit helps! Elastiderm is designed for older women with crowsfeet and sagging, crepey skin above and below the eye (don't ask!). But I see no reason why younger people can't benefit from it too. Thanks for your interest.

thanks for the recc. i'll be buying some today.

Great info. Thanks. I didn't think the Natura Bisse was that pricey. I heard the NB Eye Illuminuate was good. What do you recommend?

My favorites I have used are Re Vive's eye renewal gel and their eye cream, Chanel #1 eye cream, and Chanel Ultracorrective eye. In the end, I always go back to Chanel Ultracorrective eye.

I have used so many eye creams I can't recall them all - for a while I swore by Re Vive - but, in the end Chanel never lets me down.

I tired Revive but it seemed a little irritating - I love their moisturizing renewal creme so I tried the eye cream. La Prairie seems a little gentler. I use the one with the britener during the day and the regular at night.

I want to get a sample now reading this thread of the natura bisse . . . thanks for the input guys - I love trying new products!

no offence taken! i know that i'm waay old to be starting on eye creams...i'm just hoping that my asian mama's genes will take me faaaar. :smile: but yes, i will be going to get some potions and lotions today. ;)

LOL, you didn't mention the asian genes...hehehe....every friend I have with an asian background looks WAY younger than they are, so I'm sure you'll be in good shape!

Great info. Thanks. I didn't think the Natura Bisse was that pricey. I heard the NB Eye Illuminuate was good. What do you recommend?

Well, I don't think their entire line is THAT pricey, but I really like the Diamond eye cream, just ordered another jar of it. When you think about it most eye creams are .5 oz, this one is .8. So if you pay $55 for a not so fantasic .5 oz eye cream it's that THAT bad to me to pay over $100 for a great one that's also 60% larger is size. Eye creams can be very personal, you have to find one that does what you want and works with your skin, I guess my greatest piece of advice would be to stay away from eye creams that have mineral oil high on the list, or even on the ingredient list at all. I was so disappointed with Shiseido, I thought I liked the way one of their eye creams felt and sounded but when I looked at the ingredients I saw MINERAL OIL as one of the first 5 ingredients or so, that's just not something worth paying $50 plus$$ for, and it does nothing for your skin.......

I must have heard wrong: I thought it was about $25 for the item I listed. But I may have the wrong item made by NB. Which one would you recommend by NB. I am very interested in your recommendation. Thank you so much for taking the time to post. :smile:

I must have heard wrong: I thought it was about $25 for the item I listed. But I may have the wrong item made by NB. Which one would you recommend by NB. I am very interested in your recommendation. Thank you so much for taking the time to post. :smile:

This is the one I like, it's $137 for .80 oz jar.....

Attachments

• diamond eye.pdf
    24.5 KB · Views: 125
eye creams have been so tricky for me - if they're too light, my eye area looks dry and crepey; if they're too heavy, milia forms. avon clinical eye lift is a cream that i absolutely adore. it comes in two parts: a gel for the upper lid, and a light but hydrating cream for the undereye area. i've been using this in the morning, and in the evening, i turn to bioelements multi-task eye cream. it's a bit heavier, with a bit of shea butter, and my skin feels so smooth after it's applied.