Got a beautiful marco buggiani on sale...but is this a 'good' bag?

mshel

I Love Summer
Jan 4, 2007
I bought a Marco Buggiani bag on sale. Before I decide if I'm going to keep it or put it up for sale, could anyone tell me if it's a 'nice' brand...one that people like?
I've not heard of it...but that isn't saying too much, really.
It's a beautiful eggplant color and reminds me just a bit of some Balenciaga's I've seen in the pics here (not seen in person...hope that isn't a huge put down to Balenciaga owners...(flashes peace sign). :smile: The leather is amazingly soft and supple and the color is gorgeous...
Thoughts anyone...I can post pics...

Here are two.
I'm not completely crazy about the calf hair, but it's not too obvious in person. The pics don't do the eggplant color or the leather justice.

Attachments

• marco bag front.jpg
    marco bag front.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 9,926
  • marco bag back.jpg
    marco bag back.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 9,647
i did a quick search on them. bags are nice, although not my style. i did a search on it on TPF as well but no threads or posts on it. so i'm thinking it's not so popular. leather and color looks nice though.

i did a quick search on them. bags are nice, although not my style. i did a search on it on TPF as well but no threads or posts on it. so i'm thinking it's not so popular. leather and color looks nice though.
I just did the same thing...I'm agreeing w/you.

I've never heard of it, but if you like the bag keep it, don't mind if it's known or not.
I do feel that way... but I like to find 'steals' then resell them. But, I've realized that no matter how lovely a bag is, if it's not a coveted brand, often times it doesn't sell. So...i knew all you you wise one's would have some insight...and then I could decide if it was worth the effort of putting it up for auction or not.
THanks for all your thoughts!

attachment.php

attachment.php

hmmm i don't know... i don't like it but i don't hate it either.
i think it's just an ok bag to me

I just purchased a marco buggiani bag also (today). It is soft grey green and I really like the looks of it. I got it at TJ Maxx -- I'm worried that I overpaid for it. It was $165 which is a huge splurge for me. I thought I'd keep it for a few days while I make up my mind.