Carrying more expensive LV styles = better service from SAs?

I don't necessarily it has anything to do with the particular bag you are carrying. After all, some of the less expensive bags are the icons of the house.

I think you get better service if you give off the vibe that you are comfortable in the store (almost as if you act like you belong but not an attitude like you own the place or that you are better than everyone else). If you are really timid or seem uncomfortable, I think you are potentially more likely to not be "courted" by the SAs.

This really doesn't matter I think in my stores....but mostly because I KNOW all the SA's in both our stores here. So even tho they don't sell me a bag...they all say hi or if I get ANY of them to help me its always with a smile.

I am a very friendly talky person any way..and I ALWAYS chat to the SA's in LV...its my fav thing...to my DH's dismay as he waits on me:biggrin:

I think that friendly attitude takes me a long way. but I will say that I feel that when I go in other stores in other cities....if I am carrying any LV I feel like I get better service...but that could just be in my head:P

No. I always receive impeccable service at LV.

Same here! In any LV.

Edit: I was talking about the LV boutique in chevy chase, maryland, and the LV stores in neiman marcus and bloomingdale in Mclean, Virginia.

I've always received great service at these locations & I never buy from them since my SA does not work at these locations.

Always get good service, but when I am dressed nicely, I get better service. I also think it depends on how busy the store is. If there is no one in there, the SA's will be very helpful - but if the store is busy, you can get ignored - no matter what bag you are carrying.

I don't necessarily it has anything to do with the particular bag you are carrying. After all, some of the less expensive bags are the icons of the house.

I think you get better service if you give off the vibe that you are comfortable in the store (almost as if you act like you belong but not an attitude like you own the place or that you are better than everyone else). If you are really timid or seem uncomfortable, I think you are potentially more likely to not be "courted" by the SAs.

SAs have mentioned this time & time again. They have figured out that it is the understated customer in the jeans & sneakers who can buy the entire boutique, not the 'browsing' customer dressed head to toe in designer labels who walks in as if on the red carpet followed by papparazzi. There have been times when I'm at the boutique looking at bags & lookbooks that I get a chance to see these customers & the interaction between them & the SAs.

I don't notice since I don't usually end up going into LV stores anymore, but I wore my LV speedy into a coach store and the SAs were tripping all over me, but when I wore one of my LVs into a Chanel store, no service, they ignored me. So it's kinda interesting.

I wear my monogram idylle speedy and I get good service, I carry my Alma in Amarante with bordeaux map bandeau and suddenly I'm fawned over. I carry my alma with bandeaux and bring my friend carrying an Alma in Blue Infini with a Marine Bandeau, and my cousin who was wearing her Rodeo Drive in Amarante...and suddenly we're treated like VIPs. I've never had better service. I think it does matter what type of bag you're wearing and if you're decked out in LV. It shows that you're a serious buyer that will continually patronize their store because you are loyal to their brand. They hold items for me all the time now...they NEVER did any of that when I first started going into the store.

Same here! In any LV.

I've always received great service at these locations & I never buy from them since my SA does not work at these locations.

SAs have mentioned this time & time again. They have figured out that it is the understated customer in the jeans & sneakers who can buy the entire boutique, not the 'browsing' customer dressed head to toe in designer labels who walks in as if on the red carpet followed by papparazzi. There have been times when I'm at the boutique looking at bags & lookbooks that I get a chance to see these customers & the interaction between them & the SAs.

Yay for my fellow jeans and sneakers shoppers! Sometimes I throw them for a loop and wear something other than running shoes. Sadly, I am totally serious. :smile:

I think i got a story to share you all here. It was my friend actually and that was about 7 or 8 yrs ago. You see, she got married right after college and her duties are all about family and sending kids to school and hardly make up least to say dress up. Her only time to dress a bit up is whengoing for wedding dinner. We live in a hot country so we can be inTshirt and Bermuda most of the time. But, but when i least expected, she is secretly very much in love with LV bags so one fine day, her husband took her to the LV boutique in Kuala Lumpur. You know what???
She told me, she was imitidated (sori if spelt wrongly) by the SA and the whole atmosphere in the boutique, she quickly glide to the nearest counter, ask for the nearest design she could get and just buy and left!!!!
I saw the monogram bag but cant remember the name, the smallest size which is squarish and narrow and is a sling bag. She is a huge woman and I asked why this size..and she poured out the whole story to me..

I FEEL SO SORRY FOR HER but she loves it so much that and whenshe took the bag to show me..it is still in the original packaging and nothing less not even the paper that covering the bag.

I just to add ' Deannie..next time if you wanna to go LV shopping, call me

I think it really depends on the store. The Hollywood & Highland location has terrible service. I had my Mahina XL when I went there. Beverly Center and the Vegas Caesars are so so. I love South Coast Plaza and the Las Vegas Wynn location the most.

I have a similar "experiment" that went on this past Friday. Now, I am ALWAYS in jeans, but I am "head to toe designer". But, there are some designers who are more understated and some who stand out. This particular day I had on a Tan & White sheer designer top, tons of Chanel, LV and "Real" (not fashion) Jewerly, my new creme Valentinos and I took my new Mahina Coquille out for her first run. Please know that I do not "drop by after work and shop". I live 2 hours from real shopping so it's a planned, full day event for me. Also, I live in a resort town but fashion designers are not really known or appreciated. So when I go shopping it's my time to "put on the dog" and pull out all the fun stuff I've bought. I'm not dressing to impress I'm dressing so I can enjoy what I own! Other than my Mahina... I don't think much was different but MAN was I fawned over!!! Not so much in LV because I've known them for years and years, plus with the money I spend there I could go in wearing PJs and get the same service. AND, all the SAs in my store are fabulous. But it was fun to see people looking me up and down and then falling over themselves to help me at Neimans and Saks. I walked into the Chanel boutique with a Chanel shopping bag, never a good sign for the Chanel rep. The first thing she looked at was what she thought was a return and her expression was not pleasant. But when I sat my Mahina on the counter I had her FULL attention! I purchased this Chanel in Paris and bought so much I had no other option than to put it in my luggage and I bent the corner so I was taking it in to be reblocked. Anyway it was funny to see the rush of good service I consistantly received that day and I think it was all due to my Mahina. I also think the boys in LV appreciated me carrying it because several customers were noticing it and talking about it.

I live in Paris and only ever go to the LV store in Saint Germain des Près. I've always been treated nicely and the sales staff have always been polite. I did notice, though, that I got a bit more attention when I walked in with my Hampstead (with bag charm) and when I bought my Galliera.

As this is Paris, I tend to make a bit more effort with my clothes. I'm not decked out in designer clothes as I can't afford them, but I'll try to look a bit more put together. However, I have gone to the LV store in jeans & converse trainers and had no problems. I think being confident and polite helps.

I think in general SA's dont want to 'waste' their time on u if they think your not going to buy it. Im a very young girl and a few times I've been in LV i have been asked if i wanted service and if i wanted to have a look at a bag. Equally there has been times I have been ignored too. I find i get slighty better service/notice when i walk into the Sydney The Rocks boutique where the store is smaller compared to the Castleleigh st one. One SA who was a gentlemen who was rather older was very helpful although he probably knew i wasn't going to purchase anything that day. He showed me the Eva but suggested the straps were not very durable because it hangs from the zipper. He compared it to the pochette and said Eva would be a better investment. He was extremely helpful and trustworthy where when i asked about my tresor wallet which the lining is peeling off, he even suggested it would never be worth getting it repaired as buying a brand new one would be a lot cheaper than getting it fixed. I think that would count as the first time i've ever been treated with alot of attention from a SA at LV. Even then I wasnt dressed in anything fancy.