Carrying more expensive LV styles = better service from SAs?

I searched for threads on this topic and came up with zilch, but please feel free to close if a similar thread already exists!

I conducted a little experiment on the weekend to see whether LV SA service differed depending on the LV line you were carrying. I carried my new Mahina Solar and found that SAs were falling over themselves to help me without me having to approach them. They were pulling out multiple bags for me to try on, pulling out non-display items, making suggestions for SLGs/charms/scarves/wraps to match my bag etc. Wow! It was a little different when I carried my Azur NF there a couple of weeks before - the service was still friendly, but there was no "extra mile". They gave me what I asked for, but no more.

Has anyone else ever noticed this? Please share your experiences! :smile:

I would like to add that I've never been treated rudely at any LV in Sydney. So the difference in reaction may be greater in other locations where service may be a bit more haphazard. Also, my regular SA *ALWAYS* gives me brilliant service whether I am carrying LV or whatever, so he doesn't count in the experiment :P

Hmmm, interesting experiment. I'm curious to hear everyones responses. I was at LV today. I had my Idylle Speedy, but it was hidden between shopping bags. My SA definitely got friendlier when she noticed it!

Not in my experience. I don't buy a huge amount at LV, and the closest store is quite a distance from my house, but the two most recent times I visited the boutique, I believe I was carrying a DKNY and then a Gucci bag, and I still received warm, friendly and excellent service. I think it's more about whether you get stuck with an SA who can't be bothered - and from what I've read here at tPF, many of them exist!

It really depends which store I go to. Whenever I went to the Bravens in Seattle, they still treated me greatly when I was carrying a Coach bag. In Vancouver/Toronto, I find that I get ignored if I'm carrying my speedy.. usually get better service when I carry more expensive bags as well.

Not in my experience. I don't buy a huge amount at LV, and the closest store is quite a distance from my house, but the two most recent times I visited the boutique, I believe I was carrying a DKNY and then a Gucci bag, and I still received warm, friendly and excellent service. I think it's more about whether you get stuck with an SA who can't be bothered - and from what I've read here at tPF, many of them exist!

Oh, don't get me wrong - I still received excellent service from the SAs when I was carrying my NF (and also times when I carried other designer/non-designer bags) but there was just something extra when I was toting my mahina ;)

I get much better service when I wear my WC Speedy than when I wear something like my NF. Even though the WC Speedy isn't even that expensive (in terms of other bags they sell), I think they give me attention because it's a special bag.

I do feel that there's different level of service with the type of bags I carry. If I carry a non-LV bag, versus a LV bag, and if I dress nicely, versus casually, etc. I usually dress nice making my trip to LV boutique anyhow. Unfortunately, that has been my experience and I rather have a better shopping experience, if dressing well makes a difference :sad:

In my experience it doesn't matter what bag you wear, I carried my Mancrazy last summer as I ventured to a new to me LV boutique. I was looking to make an even exchange but my regular store didn't carry this particular style, my SA had kindly called ahead to make sure they would have the item in stock and put a hold on it.

As I walked in I was given the once over, lol. The first SA got frustrated with me because I used the wrong grammar to express my reason for being there. I said I was exchanging for the same, she made a huge point to let me know that didn't make any sense or I wouldn' t be there and walked away.

I was stunned into silence, the store guard raised his eyebrows and gave me an apologetic smile, anyways off she went and whispered something to another SA who came to help me with a huge attitude.

I was given one shoe to try on while the SA walked away to help another customer.. I had to walk around to find her, at this point I was a bit nervous, and couldn't remember if the SA had given me a name.. I finally found her ringing up a customer.

of course she changed her tune when she had my account open on her register, but the damage was already done. I rather stick to my neck of the woods where I don't have to dress up, or carry a particular bag to be treated in a respectful manner.

edited to add~ this was at the Bal Harbour Shops LV boutique :hrmm:

very true.. I get the best service when I care my white mc Ursula. I usually have to wait a few mins when wearing my speedy and when I wear my chloe bag I feel they have no idea it is a designer bag.

this is definately true, i went to LV store wearing my no name brand bag i bought from urban outfitters, nobody even made an attempt to assist me untill I asked. But when my friend stepped in with her LV, everybody was so friendly to her and pulling out different bags for her to see. funny thing is she is not even the one that wanted to buy a bag.

Edit: I was talking about the LV boutique in chevy chase, maryland, and the LV stores in neiman marcus and bloomingdale in Mclean, Virginia.

It really depends which store I go to. Whenever I went to the Bravens in Seattle, they still treated me greatly when I was carrying a Coach bag. In Vancouver/Toronto, I find that I get ignored if I'm carrying my speedy.. usually get better service when I carry more expensive bags as well.

The Bravern is the best! I was just in there today actually. :biggrin:

Always get good service, but when I am dressed nicely, I get better service. I also think it depends on how busy the store is. If there is no one in there, the SA's will be very helpful - but if the store is busy, you can get ignored - no matter what bag you are carrying.