6 month Patina...........will it get much darker or no??

teemmmbee

O.G.
Nov 26, 2006
Okay so I got my Coussin this past August and I took a pic of it when the vachetta was a beautiful virgin light color. Now after 6 months it has patina'd into a beautiful honey color. So my question is this.........I LOVE the color it is now, is it going to get darker?? I don't care much for the really dark so if it's going to get darker, is there anything I can do to prevent it or slow it down?

here is a pic of my bag on the second day of owning it - we're at the bellagio in vegas (purchased at forum shops LV):

here is the pic of my bag at 6 months, taken today:

here they are side by side for comparison:

It will darken to a deep, dark honey color. And no, there's really no way to slow the process down. I've heard of people using a Mr. Clean magic eraser, but that really only removes the dirt, which your bag doesn't seem to have.

It looks fabulous right now. But the patina will eventually turn into a very dark dark brown through daily and or long time use.

All stages are beautiful, IMHO

you made me like the coussin! (before i HATED it!)
your modeling pics bring out the awesomeness of the bag!

I have to say that it has by far been my most favorite bag off all brands! Also I have gone through several different LV's and have not been successful in finding a 2nd bag to actually keep (see my manhattan thread - also had a reg popincourt and pap and returned both :rolleyes: ). Nothing really compares to my Coussin!!