Kooba Signature Lining??

lindabank

Feb 5, 2007
Hi - I saw a Kooba Sienna the other day that has a signature lining :wtf: -- has anyone else seen this? I have just started getting into Kooba and have only seen the suede lining....

Thanks!

I saw one on Ebay that had signature lining. The Kooba sig lining was in their older bags but I have never seen a Sienna in that lining. I have seen the sig, striped and floral lining but all in bags before 2005.
Could it be from a sample sale?
I'd also like to know if any of the new bags had anything other than suede. Oh, but my new Sydney bag is sporting a dark brown cotton lining and it's definately authentic. The Natasha also has the new brown lining. That's the first I've seen that differ from the suede.

I have a Sienna that I bought in 2005 that has the signature lining -- brown cloth with Kooba in white. Definitely an authentic Kooba Sienna (and made in Italy).

That good info to know. I wonder if the bag from Saks is an older season's bag that was a return.
It's sad that we have to wonder all of this stuff when all we want is an authentic Kooba. I saw one fake Kooba that was almost perfect in every way except the leather was a lesser quality and Kooba was printed on both sides of the inner zipper.

I have a question about the lining, but not the signature lining. The descriptions of the Koobas on NM/BG say cloth lining. The same exact looking bags on eLUXURY, Revolve, etc. say suede lining. Has anyone purchased a Kooba from NM/BG? If so, was it really cloth? Thanks.

The new ones have the faux suede lining but the very first ones were a signature lining (I think this is right?).

I did see on the Saks website that the lining was faux suede, which just confused me more. I guess I'll have to visit a store some day and see them IRL before I decide. Thanks Kimmi!

The standard lining for the last couple years was this faux suede. It's not real suede but rather a softer version. I've seen on several sites calling it "ultra suede". I'm not sure that means a whole lot except a fancy name for a fabric that has no real identity...LOL. It's very soft but I've never had a problem with durability. I can't say I love it (and I ADORE Koobas and have many many bags). I'd rather have a regular lining that is more tacked down. In Koobas you can pull the lining out of most bags. I guess it would make it easier to clean.

Not seen it. Mine (a Sarah) has lavender suede lining....

There are two new Koobas at a little boutique near me, I could take a peek inside and let you know if they're using sig lining on newer bags.