My Poor Speedy!

I'm so sorry to hear that. I think the marks will even out once the vachetta starts to patina. It probably is visible because the vachetta is virgin. I wouldn't be too bothered by it, unless it doesn't even out in a few months' time. Good luck with the wipes!

I am really sorry for you.
I always have a big plastic bag in my bag, so when it rains I can put their "raincoat" on, that really works!!!

I always thought that's a bit over the top but now, that idea souonds like a mighty good one!! I'll definitely be packing in a "raincoat" as of right now :nuts: Thanks for the tip :heart:

Congrats on your speedy and sorry about the rain.
Truthfully, I think the vachetta is not as frail as it's made out to be. I think the marks will fade and blend in lickety split!

So sorry you and your speedy got caught in the rain. :crybaby:

My dog licked the tab on my Speedy 30 the first day I carried it and there were marks. I ended up using Wilson's leather protectant on the bag since I really didn't think I could handle a bag that delicate. That seemed to even out the spots a bit. As the bag gets older the spots are diminishing.

Good luck with the baby wipes.

My dog licked the tab on my Speedy 30 the first day I carried it and there were marks.

OK at least your post made me smile a bit :smile: Your dog sounds adorable! My friend's dog chewed the leather tab off her speedy! Luckily, mine has been trained to leave all my bags alone :yes: He's a little gentleman who knows where his next dog biscuit is coming from :nuts:

i had that happen to my marelle, it dried off with no remnants of the storm by the next morning. of course, i blotted out what i could then just let it sit out.

good luck and keep us posted.

Hey everyoe, thanks for the words of sympathy, hugs all around - I did the baby-wipes thing, and guess what?? It works!!! Like a dream! In fact I'd recommend this to anyone who wants to clean their vachetta.

Now all the awful rain dots on the vachetta have disappeared and the vachetta is as good as new. In fact I went into the store today and the SA remarked that my Speedy is as good as new!!

I'm over the moon. Thanks to the super tips posted in the forum, it has saved my rain-drenched new speedy :smile: