My Poor Speedy!

I hope the baby wipes will work...or you might carry it more often and let the patina growing a bit to cover the water stains up.

I agree! let the patina settle in and most of the time you won't be able to see any stains. Also, i don't recommend using baby wipes on brandnew vachetta cuz it's gonna get REALLY dry. Hope everything works out for you:sad:

EDIT: just read your recent post lol, so ya... ignore everything I said lol

Hey everyoe, thanks for the words of sympathy, hugs all around - I did the baby-wipes thing, and guess what?? It works!!! Like a dream! In fact I'd recommend this to anyone who wants to clean their vachetta.

Now all the awful rain dots on the vachetta have disappeared and the vachetta is as good as new. In fact I went into the store today and the SA remarked that my Speedy is as good as new!!

I'm over the moon. Thanks to the super tips posted in the forum, it has saved my rain-drenched new speedy :smile:

:yahoo: That's so great! Sorry for the stress in between!

Thanks again everyone for your sympathies and cheers when my poor speedy's vachetta revived :yahoo: It's not that I don't like patina or signs of wear on my bags, but just that my MC Speedy was totally brand new on her first day out when she got drenched, so I was mighty upset :crybaby: But now all's well again thanks to the baby wipes.

I forgot to take a "before" photo but I did snap an "after" pic, which I'll attach later today for all to see....when the rain drops dried, there were obvious marks all over the vachetta - the handles, zipper tab etc but they have disappeared like magic after their baby wipes spa treatment :yahoo: Now I'll just wait till the patina sets in and nature take its course.

Will post the "after" pic later on. :heart:

Sorry that this happened to you... glad the baby wipes work out for you!! Carry a plastic shopping bag in your Speedy the next time you get caught in the rain.