ARCHIVE 02-11-12 Authenticate this Hermes **BAG**

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistikat

Bling!
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
Authenticate this Hermes **BAG**Please read the rules & use the format in Post #1
Continued from here.

This thread is for discussion on authenticity of Hermes Bags.
This is a free service. Our authenticators are volunteers who desire to keep counterfeiters and dishonest sellers from profiting from their trade, and to help buyers find authentic bags. Authenticators are not required to answer all posts and, for various reasons, some may not be answered. We prefer to concentrate our efforts on helping individual, non-professional buyers. There are paid services available for the use of volume resellers and we recommend that you research and consider one for your business needs.

Steps to take before you request:

1. SEARCH.
Someone may have asked about this bag already.

Search the Hermes Forum from our main Hermes Forum page using the search box at the top far right of the screen that says “search this Forum” . Select the option “posts” and type the name of the seller.
OR
If the bag has been asked about and you want to search for it later, highlight the name of the seller and an icon with a magnifying glass is shown. Click and you will see results for the seller in all tPF Forums.

2. FORMAT.We use a format because it helps keep track of the bags. If you do not follow format your post may not be answered.

Format for auctions found on eBay or other auction sites:
Item: (Copy from listing)
Listing number: (Copy from Listing)
Seller: (Copy from listing)
Link: (Copy from listing)
Comments if any: Put any special comments you have here.

Format for sales from sites of professional sellers:
Item: (Copy from Sellers site)
Listing number is applicable: (Copy from Sellers site)
Seller: (name of the seller, eg. Malleries)
Link: (Copy from Sellers site)
Comments if any: Special comments here

Format for private sales:
Item: Description of bag for sale, including type, size, leather and color and price.
Seller: Name of the seller and how you found the seller.
Bag History: Where did the seller say the bag comes from?
Pictures: All the pictures required must be included. Source of the pictures, i.e. who took them. See the comments on Pictures below for what is needed.
Comments: Any special comments.

PICTURES: All these pictures are required for all authentications.

Essential views for authenticating Hermes bags on the PF.

- Front view of bag
- Back view of bag
- View of bottom of Bag
- Zipper & its end
- Hardware
- Craftsman stamp
- Hermes stamp + Top stitching
- Clear picture of the interior lining
- Base of the handles
- Side view of the strap guides
- Lock and key set, including numbers on keys and at the base of the lock

Pictures should be clear, taken straight on, not an an angle, in good light and with the macro function of the camera.

If the pictures are inadequate, authenticators may skip your request. For more information on how to post photos. visit this thread:
Posting Photos

OTHER NEXT STEPS BEFORE YOU MAKE A REQUEST:
Zero Feedback: Authenticators will always tell you to avoid a seller with no feedback. Do not bother asking.
Check Feedback: Check the seller's feedback. Have they built up a quick bunch of positives for unrelated, perhaps inexpensive items? Have they sold Hermes or luxury goods before?
Price: Is the price very very low compared to what the item should sell for? No one is going to sell an authentic item that should go for thousands for a few hundred (dollars, pounds, etc.). If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
Pictures: Are pictures blurry, taken from very far away or do they obscure details? A good seller will do whatever it takes to provide good, clear photos and solid information to prospective buyers.

OTHER THINGS TO DO:
3. Do a search here and on Google for the seller name. Often, you will find other things they have sold and other feedback that helps provide a fuller picture of the seller.

4. Take a good look at any feedback for luxury goods - unfortunately, shill bidding does take place on Ebay (meaning that sellers have friends bid on things for them and even buy them to create a false positive selling picture or increase price).

5. Use sites like http://www.toolhaus.org to see what negative feedback may have been left for a seller in the past (and what negatives they have left)
6. Check their prior sales on Ebay - often, the same bag turns up again and again, making it less likely to be authentic.

REMEMBER:

• Please use the REPORT function
    report.gif
    button to alert the mods to a troll or to rudeness on the boards. Ignore the poster until a mod can intervene.
  • Always be respectful when you post and treat others as you expect to be treated. This is an open thread and everyone is welcome to participate.
  • Please allow at least twelve hours before you repost your request. If the auction is ending soon, you may say so in your comments. Remember, we are just like you, and get on the PF when we have time, so please be patient.
  • Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication.
  • If you wish to reasearch a particular seller, please do it here.
  • Please refer to our reference section for general questions about Hermes. Finally, do not submit requests for something that is obviously a fake, e.g. the item says it is a replica, or a $200 Birkin.
AN IMPORTANT WORD ON FEEDBACK
Take a moment to read Authenticator Perigord's great post on feedback.
Remember!!!A seller with Zero (0) or low feedback is a RED FLAG :sos:

Reminder Avoid Drama! This thread should be ON TOPIC at all times. After multiple warnings to stay on topic/avoid drama, you may be removed.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

Last edited:
B35 African (Niloticous) Croc Himalayan Holly Grail Matt Palladium
Hi Ladies,

Please help me to authenticate this Birkin please:
Item: B35 African (Niloticous) Croc Himalayan Holly Grail Matt Palladium
Listing: Not on ebay
Seller: Carina (personal sale)
Link: NA
Comments: Actual photos of the bag from the seller is enclosed.
Attached Thumbnails

B35 African (Niloticous) Croc Himalayan Holly Grail Matt Palladium
Hi Ladies,

Item: B35 African (Niloticous) Croc Himalayan Holly Grail Matt Palladium

Thanks very much!

Attachments

• DSCF5450.jpg
    DSCF5450.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 8,384
  • DSCF5451.jpg
    DSCF5451.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 8,349
  • DSCF5452.jpg
    DSCF5452.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 7,829
  • DSCF5453.jpg
    DSCF5453.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 7,841
  • DSCF5454.jpg
    DSCF5454.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 21,001
Further to my post above, here are additional pics.

Attachments

• DSCF5457.jpg
    DSCF5457.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 7,824
  • DSCF5456.jpg
    DSCF5456.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 7,854
  • DSCF5455.jpg
    DSCF5455.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 7,816
Hi Ladies,

Item: B35 BLUE BRIGHTON CROCO

Thanks again.

Attachments

• BBC 6.jpg
    BBC 6.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 7,679
  • BBC 5.jpg
    BBC 5.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 7,830
  • BBC blindstamp.jpg
    BBC blindstamp.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 8,155
  • BBC 2.jpg
    BBC 2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 7,759
  • BBC4.jpg
    BBC4.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 7,982
Further to my queries above,
enclosed are additional pics from the seller.

Attachments

• BBC 7.jpg
    BBC 7.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 7,657
  • BBC 8.jpg
    BBC 8.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 7,664
  • BBC 9.jpg
    BBC 9.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 7,546
  • BBC 10.jpg
    BBC 10.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 7,572
  • Blue Brighton B35 Croc.jpg
    Blue Brighton B35 Croc.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 7,743
Item: Hermes Kelly 35 cm White Clemence Toile Retourne Pal WH
Listing number:360333173193
Seller: sandiaexchange
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360333173193&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Item: HERMES BARENIA & TOILE BIRKIN & GOLD HW 35CM
Listing number:120669509494
Seller: flossyfigaro
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120669509494&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

thank you!

Two authentic bags, two respected sellers.

Reactions: Sophia.Calv
Hi, i refer to post #2 to 6 above. May i know if the pics provided are sufficient?
Hope someone can help me soon. My private banking client asked me to source for a croc Birkin esp Himalayan. Found a seller via Deluxemall.com (she was selling other normal birkins which were authentic) and recently she has these. It's a different level of risk altogether here because instead of the usual US$13k kind of price range of bags, we are now talking about a much much higher amt. So i just thought it's better to not assume they are authentic just because the other bags she sold are. Appreciate your advice on this. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.