ARCHIVE 02-11-12 Authenticate this Hermes **BAG**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i refer to post #2 to 6 above. May i know if the pics provided are sufficient?
Hope someone can help me soon. My private banking client asked me to source for a croc Birkin esp Himalayan. Found a seller via Deluxemall.com (she was selling other normal birkins which were authentic) and recently she has these. It's a different level of risk altogether here because instead of the usual US$13k kind of price range of bags, we are now talking about a much much higher amt. So i just thought it's better to not assume they are authentic just because the other bags she sold are. Appreciate your advice on this. Thanks.

Hi there Yen Saz, just let me explain in case you are not familiar with how we work here.

We are volunteers who prefer to authenticate for individuals who need help in buying Hermes bags for themselves, and we do not do authentications for professional sellers or people who are looking for bags for clients.

You say that you are looking for a client of yours. I noticed that you state that the seller of the exotic bags you are asking about has sold other authentic bags on DeluxeMall. It does look then that you are able to authenticate bags on your own without our help, although I can understand that the dollars involved with exotic skins may make you nervous now.

There are other professional services who charge a fee who can help in a situation like yours.

I cannot help seeing that in the couple of years you have been a member here, all of your posts have related to requests for authentication across a wide range of designer brands, Chanel, Vuitton, Mui Mui, Prada etc. Perhaps you were asking for authentication to help source bags for other of your clients. It does not appear from your posting history that you are interested in buying Hermes as a collector yourself.

I am sorry, I do not think I can help you with this request.

Item: Birkin 40 in Gold Courchevel
Listing Number: 150544999474
Seller: Tiangao
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Auth-Hermes-GOL...474?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item230d2e6432
Comments: Pics are a little blurry - just wanted to know if it was worth asking the seller for more! TIA! :smile:

I think the pictures are poor, as you said, but I do not see any red flags so far.

There is a list of pictures needed for authentication at the top of this Thread, along with how to take them. You could try asking the seller, and if what you receive is adequate, post them here along with the original auction reference again, and the authenticators here can take a look.

Hi there Yen Saz, just let me explain in case you are not familiar with how we work here.

We are volunteers who prefer to authenticate for individuals who need help in buying Hermes bags for themselves, and we do not do authentications for professional sellers or people who are looking for bags for clients.

You say that you are looking for a client of yours. I noticed that you state that the seller of the exotic bags you are asking about has sold other authentic bags on DeluxeMall. It does look then that you are able to authenticate bags on your own without our help, although I can understand that the dollars involved with exotic skins may make you nervous now.

There are other professional services who charge a fee who can help in a situation like yours.

I cannot help seeing that in the couple of years you have been a member here, all of your posts have related to requests for authentication across a wide range of designer brands, Chanel, Vuitton, Mui Mui, Prada etc. Perhaps you were asking for authentication to help source bags for other of your clients. It does not appear from your posting history that you are interested in buying Hermes as a collector yourself.

I am sorry, I do not think I can help you with this request.

Dear Bababebi,

It is ok that you cant help.

But in all fairness, your assumption warrants a response. If you look closely at those queries for Chanel, Vuitton, Miu Miu, Prada, etc, u will notice that most if not all of those bags are pre-owned and listed on ebays. My ebay id is xxx - do a search and u will see that i sell nothing but i buy a variety of stuffs on ebay all the time. Hence, i look upon TPF as a helpful medium to safeguard consumers like myself from getting duped -- and for that i have been grateful.

Having said that, safe for the only two Birkin togo 35 which I have bought for myself, i do not collect any other range of Hermes merchandise. I do not have any affinity to any labels/brands nor will i profess to be an avid collector of a particular brand. But i am certainly not a re-seller or professional seller. I dont even know the retail price/market price for certain well-known models of Birkins and had to ask around here. Besides, if i am a re-seller, i would know better than to mention that "my client has asked me to source". I was open about being asked to source for this (not for re-selling) and there was no guilty conscience to persuade me to be discreet abt it. I was fully aware that you do not authenticate for resellers as I have read the posts/response that a couple of authenticators had given to TPFers whom they suspected were resellers.

I just thought i could get help here so that i can advise my client to go ahead with this deal or not. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to write back. I just needed to put the record straight. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Bababebi,

It is ok that you cant help.

But in all fairness, your assumption warrants a response. If you look closely at those queries for Chanel, Vuitton, Miu Miu, Prada, etc, u will notice that most if not all of those bags are pre-owned and listed on ebays. My ebay id is xxx- do a search and u will see that i sell nothing but i buy a variety of stuffs on ebay all the time. Hence, i look upon TPF as a helpful medium to safeguard consumers like myself from getting duped -- and for that i have been grateful.

Having said that, safe for the only two Birkin togo 35 which I have bought for myself, i do not collect any other range of Hermes merchandise. I do not have any affinity to any labels/brands nor will i profess to be an avid collector of a particular brand. But i am certainly not a re-seller or professional seller. I dont even know the retail price/market price for certain well-known models of Birkins and had to ask around here. Besides, if i am a re-seller, i would know better than to mention that "my client has asked me to source". I was open about being asked to source for this (not for re-selling) and there was no guilty conscience to persuade me to be discreet abt it. I was fully aware that you do not authenticate for resellers as I have read the posts/response that a couple of authenticators had given to TPFers whom they suspected were resellers.

I just thought i could get help here so that i can advise my client to go ahead with this deal or not. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to write back. I just needed to put the record straight. Thanks.

Please don't link to your EBay ID. Thanks

I think the pictures are poor, as you said, but I do not see any red flags so far.

There is a list of pictures needed for authentication at the top of this Thread, along with how to take them. You could try asking the seller, and if what you receive is adequate, post them here along with the original auction reference again, and the authenticators here can take a look.
Thank you! I've requested additional pics and will post once/if I have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.