~Analysis of YOUR collection~

This is a fun thread! It takes some thinking on my part, hmmm...

1. what does YOUR collection look like? I have a hard time mentally separating my CL's from the rest of my shoes, but I mostly have platforms and a majority of them are 140's. I have mostly leather - patent, leather and suede - and some satin. I have 3 black pairs and the rest are all different colors - pinks, purples, gold, blue, bone, multi, brown, denim. I hate buying shoes that I have anything similar to already, so most of them are pretty different style-wise, but most of them are peep toe. In fact, all are except for four pairs. I have pointy toe, sling back, booties, t-straps, d'orsays and sandals. I only have one pair of espadrilles and no wedges.

2. are you an OLDIES, or CURRENT SPRING/SUMMER, FALL/WINTER OR BOTH person?
A mix? I like platforms so I have more newer shoes than older shoes because of that. These are just guesses, I don't know the seasons very well:
Pre-08 = 3
F/W 08 = 2
S/S 09 = 1
F/W 09 = 2
S/S 10 = 6
F/W 10 = 1
S/S 11 = None yet

3. how many shoes do you average a year/month/season? I seem to average a pair of CL's every 3 months or so. I tend to buy in waves.

4. after analyzing your collection, are you actually surprised by what you find, or is it pretty much as you expected? I am a little surprised to find that I really only have one or two CL's that I would consider classics. The rest are all quite trendy and no doubt I will have to hide them away in a few years. I was also surprised to find that I have so many peep toes. I never realized that I was partial to the style.

5. have you learned something about yourself doing this, and if so, what? I really just got to see how much my taste and preferences have changed over the years. It was fun to see.

buy what my heart tells me to buy.

My collection is more open toe than closed toe, with VPs in the majority. I prefer shoes that are exotics-eel, crocodile, lizard, snakeskin, ostrich or pony (ghana VPs, helmuts, giraffe VPs, yoyo zeppas) and I love finding more unusual, older styles, such as biba, pompedeuce, miss money penny, castallana (twice), etc.

The majority of my shoes are 120s with platforms, 100 without, plus a few 140s and 150s.
I currently own 78 pair. I view these shoes as a collection, which is why I always find it so hard to part with any.

There are still a few elusive oldies that I am searching for, including lova pigalles in 100m.

i totally agree with buying what your heart tells you to buy!!!

and we share similar preferences for peeptoes and exotics....

120 with platforms are also my go to pairs... very comfortable for me.

and 78 pairs??!?!! :faint: i can only hope that one day my collection will be as varied and numerous as yours!

i'll keep an eye on the lova pigalles for you!

studded VPs, black patent ballerinas, and camel patent decolletes are probably the only three pairs i have bought in season... and i think the black patent ballerinas and the decolletes are kind of seasonless.....

i definitely agree that some pairs are "SEASONLESS"!!! classic and will always be around forever :tup: great purchases!

5. have you learned something about yourself doing this, and if so, what? I'm starting to be more open minded as to what I wear. CL's have given me the confidence to spice up my wordrobe. Now I'm into vibrant colors or edgy studs/spikes. I don't have a specific or "safe" style anymore, CL's allow me to venture into many versatile looks!

LOVE this taydev!!! i love how CLs have made you feel that way!

This is a fun thread! It takes some thinking on my part, hmmm...

1. what does YOUR collection look like? I have a hard time mentally separating my CL's from the rest of my shoes, but I mostly have platforms and a majority of them are 140's. I have mostly leather - patent, leather and suede - and some satin. I have 3 black pairs and the rest are all different colors - pinks, purples, gold, blue, bone, multi, brown, denim. I hate buying shoes that I have anything similar to already, so most of them are pretty different style-wise, but most of them are peep toe. In fact, all are except for four pairs. I have pointy toe, sling back, booties, t-straps, d'orsays and sandals. I only have one pair of espadrilles and no wedges.

2. are you an OLDIES, or CURRENT SPRING/SUMMER, FALL/WINTER OR BOTH person?
A mix? I like platforms so I have more newer shoes than older shoes because of that. These are just guesses, I don't know the seasons very well:
Pre-08 = 3
F/W 08 = 2
S/S 09 = 1
F/W 09 = 2
S/S 10 = 6
F/W 10 = 1
S/S 11 = None yet

3. how many shoes do you average a year/month/season? I seem to average a pair of CL's every 3 months or so. I tend to buy in waves.

4. after analyzing your collection, are you actually surprised by what you find, or is it pretty much as you expected? I am a little surprised to find that I really only have one or two CL's that I would consider classics. The rest are all quite trendy and no doubt I will have to hide them away in a few years. I was also surprised to find that I have so many peep toes. I never realized that I was partial to the style.

5. have you learned something about yourself doing this, and if so, what? I really just got to see how much my taste and preferences have changed over the years. It was fun to see.

i'm glad that you learned something about yourself doing this kett! i have always definitely thought of your style as more trendy and cutting edge! (case in point your avatar!) but you rock them so well!

my tastes have also evolved and changed over time, and it is so interesting to see! for example, i tend to find the non-platform 100mm look kinda "boring and safe" now... i definitely do not have a lot of "classic" styles in my collection... who knows how that will change in the years to come?

Interesting thread! Like CTS, I really don't know which seasons my shoes came from. I'm guessing a lot are older, as I haven't been buying the newer styles, but instead trying to trim down my wish list before the shoes on it are completely impossible to find, lol.

I did notice that I really don't have a lot of classic styles or black - I guess I tend to buy CLs that are more unusual or stand out more than just simple styles.

Thank you!! And you know I am looking for those castallanas for you!!

thanks rdgldy! i haven't lost hope yet!!!

Thank you for being so sweet. I admire you ladies for the way you know your collections. It is a remarkable thing to me.

cts, i think it's the OCD in me...

Interesting thread! Like CTS, I really don't know which seasons my shoes came from. I'm guessing a lot are older, as I haven't been buying the newer styles, but instead trying to trim down my wish list before the shoes on it are completely impossible to find, lol.

I did notice that I really don't have a lot of classic styles or black - I guess I tend to buy CLs that are more unusual or stand out more than just simple styles.

i love unusual louboutinnerd!!!

^^Lol, car on the OCD. I totally understand that!

I think I am the yin to LouboutinNerd 's yang. My collection is sooooo tame it is kinda funny. I have almost all neutrals and almost all work-appropriate classics--Ron Rons, Simples, New Simples, Flats, VPs, and HPs. The only two splashes of vibrant color I have are my pink patent HPs and my Rastas and, funny, I wear them the least but love them the most.

What I learn about myself is that I am a walking paradox--I wear Loubs with flashy red look-at-me bottoms but still want to blend in and generally go unnoticed. This represents my personality quite well, actually.

This is definitely hard for me because I have so few pairs and I'm in the process of building a collection of shoes I won't ever want to get rid of...

I know I have at least two pairs of "oldies"
F/W 08-- 2
F/W 09-- 1 (I think)
S/S 10-- 2

I have never purchased a pair at retail because, as a college student, that's simply not possible. I always buy on sale or through Ebay/Bonanza and have had extremely good luck in finding pairs I wanted at retail for a phenomenal price. I usually have to wait out pairs in hopes of finding them poorly listed or the like. I hate doing this, but I know it's not a forever thing!

I probably see about 10 pairs at minimum come in a year, but I am notorious for buying and then selling. Part of this is due to sizing issues or style issues-- I've found that I definitely prefer having a platform and that 100mm or lower now feels too low for me! Once I started working at J. Crew, my tastes really started to change. I now go for more neutral colors with some pop (ex: gold Turban flats) and I tend to avoid purchasing pairs that are limited to one season. I also really seem to like red Loubies and no matter where my collection is at any given time, I always have at least one red pair.

I guess what surprises me the most is how much I've changed in the 1.5 years since I first started buying CL's. I definitely didn't put as much thought into what I bought then as I do now!

Great thread Carla! I can't wait to look back in a year or two and see how much I've changed from this post! :P

Great thread C!

1. My Collection is mostly Summery. Almost ALL open toe's...colorful and sparkly! Just recently got 2 black pairs in my collection. Finally have black.
2. I would say i am definitely a CURRENT SPRING/SUMMER person. I also love the older spring summer collections. So mainly a SPRING SUMMER person!
3. I average approx 1-2 pairs a month?
4. after analyzing my collection its pretty much what i thought i would have had...except that i have definitely gotten a couple more fierce/wow shoes (to me) than i thought i would.
5. I have learned that i am definitely a 140mm plus girl and that when i buy Cl's they have to be WOW plus to me (unique and different) otherwise i lose interest quickly.

Oldies- 4
Fall 09- 3
Resort 10- 5
S/S 10- 6
Fall 10- 3
Resort & S/S 11- None yet but want 6 pairs :faint:

cts - we should combine our collections and then we would have a complete set! :biggrin: Though I have to say, I would adore having a pair of those rastas!

^^Lol, car on the OCD. I totally understand that!

I think I am the yin to LouboutinNerd 's yang. My collection is sooooo tame it is kinda funny. I have almost all neutrals and almost all work-appropriate classics--Ron Rons, Simples, New Simples, Flats, VPs, and HPs. The only two splashes of vibrant color I have are my pink patent HPs and my Rastas and, funny, I wear them the least but love them the most.

What I learn about myself is that I am a walking paradox--I wear Loubs with flashy red look-at-me bottoms but still want to blend in and generally go unnoticed. This represents my personality quite well, actually.

Great thread C!

1. My Collection is mostly Summery. Almost ALL open toe's...colorful and sparkly! Just recently got 2 black pairs in my collection. Finally have black.
2. I would say i am definitely a CURRENT SPRING/SUMMER person. I also love the older spring summer collections. So mainly a SPRING SUMMER person!
3. I average approx 1-2 pairs a month?
4. after analyzing my collection its pretty much what i thought i would have had...except that i have definitely gotten a couple more fierce/wow shoes (to me) than i thought i would.
5. I have learned that i am definitely a 140mm plus girl and that when i buy Cl's they have to be WOW plus to me (unique and different) otherwise i lose interest quickly.

Oldies- 4
Fall 09- 3
Resort 10- 5
S/S 10- 6
Fall 10- 3
Resort & S/S 11- None yet but want 6 pairs :faint:

Me too!:tup: I had so many colors that I finally realized I needed a simple, basic black. I just got my black patent Decollettes about 2 weeks ago, and my black patent Pigalles are on the way from NAP. How can we forget such a simple color to have in our collection? I also needed red so I got the red elisa's on Saturday:yahoo: