Christies London H Bags Auction

tortoiseperson

ReMember
Jul 16, 2010
My friend gets sent jewellery catalogues from Christies auction house. I was browsing the latest one and saw that it's an Elegance sale which also includes many H bags.

There was a particularly striking black/violet croc (Crocodylus Niloticus) /silver palladium 2004 Birkin bag (estimate £24-26k) and a very pretty gold bracelet with handbag charms on.

The auction is on Wednesday 8 December at the South Kensington branch, previews are Saturday - Tuesday 4, 5, 6, 7 December.

The catalogue isn't online yet but it will be a little nearer the time.

Christies (London) are holding another sale including Hermes bags on Wednesday 25th May 2011. I have never seen so many Birkins in one place including new bags, standard (including box and barenia) and exotics - check out the Ombre Birkin and Vert Bengale (sp?) lizard Birkin. There must be 70+ bags for sale. here is the link so that you can download the ecatalogue...if you dare.

http://www.christies.com/calendar/

Christies (London) are holding another sale including Hermes bags on Wednesday 25th May 2011. I have never seen so many Birkins in one place including new bags, standard (including box and barenia) and exotics - check out the Ombre Birkin and Vert Bengale (sp?) lizard Birkin. There must be 70+ bags for sale. here is the link so that you can download the ecatalogue...if you dare.

I have the catalogue and I am going across to London for the preview and the auction---I have 5 yellow stickies in my catalogue for Hermes styles and a 6th for Cartier! Full catalogue is online now and the department is very nice about sending you more information about a bag you are really interested in and another view---there are several with special linings.
Please note: there are two Christie's locations in London---same owners--same auction house--same excellent reputation. The 25 May auction is at SOUTH KENSINGTON branch.

There is another auction at Christie's KING STREET branch on 8 June 2011, called "Important Jewels". For fans of art deco designs, Cartier, and royal pearls it looks fantastic too! No Hermes, but for Cartier to be represented by about 60 lots is great! However, I intend to go to preview and sale just to see and lust over the oh so rare and famous "Roseberry Jewells" including diamonds and pearls and tiara and first time offered in public sale in 140 years!

But what I actually wanted to ask is if anyone knows the dates for the Hermes sale in London for this Spring/summer 2011? I am hoping it coincides with one of the above auctions because Eurostar is costly.
Thanks much.:smile:

Auction online now...interesting a lot of bags are getting passed over...especially the exotics and unusual bags (QUELLE IDOLLES just got passed)
a birkin 30 potamus went for USD13,000!

Auction online now...interesting a lot of bags are getting passed over...especially the exotics and unusual bags (QUELLE IDOLLES just got passed)
a birkin 30 potamus went for USD13,000!

I am online too and I saw the bags yesterday at Christie's so I am familiar with the condition of some of the bags. I wanted the Barenia leather Kelly but decided not to bid over because of the corners usage for a 2003 bag.
But there is definitely price resistance on some of the exotics--lot 62 the Bourgainvillea Ostrich 30 cm Birkin is in absolutely pristine condition with the plastic still over the feet and has never been used. Bidding started at GBP8000 (about USD 15,800) and was "passed" which mean not sold --- I wish I had the money for that one.

I just double checked "Quelle IDOLLES" sold for GBP3750 WITHOUT BUYER'S PREMIUM---it is adorable!

I did get my Epsom Kelly but feel as if I overpaid a bit, but it looked so nice on my arm. Now I have to wait for the Paris sales.:smile:

congrats on your purchase! I too was interested in the barenia kelly but condition was awful in my opinion...
I cant believe the bi colour box and croc kelly went for $30,000!!!

I am online too and I saw the bags yesterday at Christie's so I am familiar with the condition of some of the bags. I wanted the Barenia leather Kelly but decided not to bid over because of the corners usage for a 2003 bag.
But there is definitely price resistance on some of the exotics--lot 62 the Bourgainvillea Ostrich 30 cm Birkin is in absolutely pristine condition with the plastic still over the feet and has never been used. Bidding started at GBP8000 (about USD 15,800) and was "passed" which mean not sold --- I wish I had the money for that one.

I just double checked "Quelle IDOLLES" sold for GBP3750 WITHOUT BUYER'S PREMIUM---it is adorable!

I did get my Epsom Kelly but feel as if I overpaid a bit, but it looked so nice on my arm. Now I have to wait for the Paris sales.:smile: