Le 30 ?! Is this one available, anybody knows!? Or hand stitched one?!

i will choose beige LE30,comparing with red granville.

agree with Bottega-Veneta,choose the one you like the most and best fits you lifestyle,which goes well with you fashion style and personalities.;)

Thanks everyone!

It's true, I should really go with what suits "my needs" better, in which case both could do...
Advantage of the Granville is that it has a shoulder strap which means a lot when you totting around with a 3 years old for instance, or in generall it's more versatile...
On the other hand, I think beige Le 30 is indeed unique looking,nice and neutral. It'll be good for summer days, and plus I do not really have any light handbag in my wardrobe...It's just- how light it really is in person? I still have to check on that...

After all, Emi summed it all up when he said, (and I am only paraphrasing) at one occation that it is really a matter of personal touch and feel towards an accessory such as handbag.
So , I'll keep you poseted...
One good question though that falls on my mind at the moment is-would any of those beautiful lamb (calf?!) skin leathers be prone to getting dirty and spotty quickly, especially the beige one...?!
Also, I live and in always rainy and gloomy London, so probably weather is something to keep in mind whilst carrying those beautiful and, shell I say pricy handbags:smile:

Oh, decisions, decisions...

Both the bags you are looking at are lambskin, which means they do need to be carefully maintained. Lighter coloured leathers will be more prone to showing wear than darker coloured ones. Take care not to get the leather wet as water marks on lambskin can be indelible.

I generally do tend to love lambskin leather better then i.e. patent leather whichever the origin, but must say my black lady D which I bought a year ago already has worn off handle leather parts (the ones where two handles meet when one is holding the handbag as a tote).
I was not happy to see that, but it did make me think and I realized that really, there's nothing I could do there for that particular wear&tear not to happen...

Thank you Emi for your input!:smile:

The le 30 pictured above is stunning, but when I saw it at the store there was a few things that didnt work for me.......

It felt a bit odd as a shoulder bag...just too cumbersome for my small frame.
Had concerns about the shearling...would it eventually be all over my black coat

Again it's a lovely bag. If I had a lot of $$$$ to burn i'd get it, but for me the granville has all the elements I need for a practical yet fun and stylish purchase.

I generally do tend to love lambskin leather better then i.e. patent leather whichever the origin, but must say my black lady D which I bought a year ago already has worn off handle leather parts (the ones where two handles meet when one is holding the handbag as a tote).
I was not happy to see that, but it did make me think and I realized that really, there's nothing I could do there for that particular wear&tear not to happen...

Thank you Emi for your input!:smile:
Wear and tear is inevitable with anything. :yes:

With any brand that uses fine leathers, wear and tear is bound to happen.

The handbag really takes the shape and personality of its owner!

If you stuff it a lot, the leather will stretch and give it a more slouchy look.
But you want to keep it in "like-new" condition for a long time, I recommend rotating your bags

I don't recommend you to use any fine leather goods everyday, I believe they were meant to be rotated with other handbags and conditioned as well

I think people forget that leather is still skin, and just like OUR bodies skin, it needs to be conditioned or it'll dry out.

On a side note, BEWARE of "Water-Based" leather conditioners, look for ones that contain NO Water.

Ok, people...

I am now totally confused and indeed indecisive! :confused1:

I went to my local Dior boutique yesterday with an intention to have a look at both handbags "in person".
Unfortunatelly, neighter one was available! So, SA showed me some other (I think small "new lock" flap bag ) handbag but only in order to show me the shade of red that Granville comes in! The result was that I expected that the red colour would be just a smidge lighter than the one SA showed me. Of course, that is only given that medium red Granville colour is indeed the same one as the colour of this small "new lock" flab handbag is...
Now, my question is, I guess-does medium red Granville comes in any other shade of red except this "rouge" colour? If it doesn't what are your thoughts of the existing one?

Also, the question for Abluebloom, if I may- do you love the bag you got, and can you please post a photo here? Given I was not able to see it in person, I would really appreciate your effort! Were you also contemplating getting some other one and what were/are your thougts on it? :smile:

Hope it's not too many questions, I'll really appreciate any answers! Thank you!

Last edited:
Ok, people...

I am now totally confused and indeed indecisive! :confused1:

I went to my local Dior boutique yesterday with an intention to have a look at both handbags "in person".
Unfortunatelly, neighter one was available! So, SA showed me some other (I think small "new lock" flap bag ) handbag but only in order to show me the shade of red that Granville comes in! The result was that I expected that the red colour would be just a smidge lighter than the one SA showed me. Of course, that is only given that medium red Granville colour is indeed the same one as the colour of this small "new lock" flab handbag is...
Now, my question is, I guess-does medium red Granville comes in any other shade of red except this "rouge" colour? If it doesn't what are your thoughts of the existing one?
As far as I know, the red for both the Granville and the New Lock is the same red - it's the same colourway that was produced for a number of lines from the same season.

Did you find it darker than expected?

Emi,

Thank you! And the anwer is-yes I did!...And am not sure now whether I like it or not, but did remember your suggestion which coincides with mine that the lighter red would be too red for a handbag in which case scenario, the handbag could be a possibility...

On the second thought you already knew how red is Granville red, so you've already casted your opinion, which is ok. It's just I though that this rouge red isn't too red at all...Borderlines with maroon or even dark cherry red...

Hmmmm..

I decided that I wanted to buy this bag as soon as I saw it. It suits my style perfectly, and whilst black is always easier to maintain, I simply couldn't resist it in this colour. My concern was the weight, but it's as heavy as my givenchy nightingale, so that wasn't a problem for me. Good luck with making your decision, it's a very lovely bag. :biggrin:

Attachments

• dior le 30.jpg
    dior le 30.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 628
Emi,

Thank you! And the anwer is-yes I did!...And am not sure now whether I like it or not, but did remember your suggestion which coincides with mine that the lighter red would be too red for a handbag in which case scenario, the handbag could be a possibility...

On the second thought you already knew how red is Granville red, so you've already casted your opinion, which is ok. It's just I though that this rouge red isn't too red at all...Borderlines with maroon or even dark cherry red...

Hmmmm..
Maroon is what I'd call it too, and you're right, I don't like it. :P

:roflmfao: Emi! You don't like any of the two handbags I am contemplating at this time :smile:)

Can you maybe suggesti something totally different, and perhaps we can meet in the middle! LOL
ps. A lot of times I thought I could attach some pics of me here, and that perheps helps with the suggestions:P