The funds are not available.

BTBF

O.G.
Feb 11, 2006
I sold an item, the buyer asked if she can pay in money order, I said yes. A day or two later, I saw the payment on my paypal account.

This morning I saw that there is a hold with reason "the funds are not available while this transaction is being reviewed"

Should I be worried? What should I do since I already shipped the item?

Thanks.

You sent the bag prior to receiving payment?
:shocked:

Swanky, I don't think she did - it sounds like eBay put a hold on the funds after she sent the bag.

This happened to me recently. PayPal put a hold on the funds, which means they put my account into a negative, while they do an investigation. In my case it was more than a week after I sent the bag. Luckily for me the buyer has been in constant contact with me and I will be receiving the bag back hopefully in a week or so.:sweatdrop:

No, the buyer asked if she can pay me with money order, I said yes. I told her, mail it to me and I will ship it out after I cash it.

A few days later, I saw her payment on my paypal account...so I shipped it the day after that.

The tracking number said it was delivered yesterday. I found about the "funds are not available" this morning.

You should have received an email from PayPal requesting certain information about the transaction. If not, you can email them here:

[email protected]

and provide PayPal the following information:

1. Details about the item (including value)
2. The buyer's name and address
3. Whether or not the item has been shipped. (If you have not yet sent the item, please do not ship it.)
4. A phone number where you can be reached for more information
5. Any email correspondence you have had with the buyer

If you have already shipped the item, please also provide:

1. Name of the shipping provider
2. Date of shipment
3. Tracking number

Also contact the buyer immediately and see if it isn't just some big misunderstanding.

I had this happen - but I was the buyer... In my case it was a genuine mistake, bec my bank had cancelled the direct transfer without telling me (still dont' know why) so of course paypal went through the card... and I had forgotten to update the account.
As I had cancelled the card, paypal couldn't get to the funds and in the end suspended the account.

I talked to the seller straight away who was lovely and very patient - I say contact the buyer to see what happened - she may send the money order and then arrange her issues with paypal separately.

Hope you get your money back.