Favorite big bag to take on a plane, but not a carry on.

sandc

likes giraffes
Sep 16, 2009
Some airlines now charge for carry ons, but not for your purse. I am flying this airline in the near furture. We will have one checked bag, but I am going to get the biggest purse I can to put my smaller purse in. Plus things like my make up bag, travel hair dryer, book and whatever else I can muster. :lol:

With airlines now charging for just about everything you take on the plane, do you find yourself stuffing a big purse to maximum capacity? Do you have a favorite big bag that is still considered a purse and not a carry on?

I am eyeballing a Cynthia Rowley that I saw at TJ's today, but I was just wondering what your favorite big bag is in similar situations. Pics are a plus. :biggrin:

I used a medium nightingale as a carry-on during my last trip and it was great. It fit my netbook and all the other random purchases I made. I had room to spare.

I used a Goyard St. Louis GM last time I flew - through the checkpoints, I put my Birkin inside, which holds a ton, then other stuff inside the Goyard on the sides - holds a ton, and took a 4-wheeled "carry-on" as well. Didn't even have to check a bag!

i have a variety of travel purses, but this Burberry tote is great when you want to put a sweater, another purse, snacks/water, etc...without worrying if it can fit everything. Plus they still think it's my purse, not a carry on :smile:

My other go to travel purse is my Balenciage day, it's huge and can fit just about everything i need when i travel as well.

I used to use my Gucci tote a LOT, it fit my Apple laptop (15 inch) but after the laptop, and LV zippy wallet, 2 phones, etc... but it got too small for me once the airline started restricting all the baggage.

here's some pics.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• bbag.jpg
    bbag.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 446
You can take one carry on AND your purse. I fly all the time (nearly monthly) and I just tend to carry whatever I'm enjoying at the moment you can always put your other things in a tote i.e. Kipling or Longchamp if you are looking to keep it lightweight. :smile:

Ooops didn't notice you were flying an airline that charged for carry-on's ... in that case, I would just take the large Longchamp and put my purse and other things in it...

Last edited: