Favorite big bag to take on a plane, but not a carry on.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Some airlines now charge for carry ons, but not for your purse. I am flying this airline in the near furture. We will have one checked bag, but I am going to get the biggest purse I can to put my smaller purse in. Plus things like my make up bag, travel hair dryer, book and whatever else I can muster. :lol:

With airlines now charging for just about everything you take on the plane, do you find yourself stuffing a big purse to maximum capacity? Do you have a favorite big bag that is still considered a purse and not a carry on?

I am eyeballing a Cynthia Rowley that I saw at TJ's today, but I was just wondering what your favorite big bag is in similar situations. Pics are a plus. :biggrin:

2. I used a medium nightingale as a carry-on during my last trip and it was great. It fit my netbook and all the other random purchases I made. I had room to spare.

3. I used a Goyard St. Louis GM last time I flew - through the checkpoints, I put my Birkin inside, which holds a ton, then other stuff inside the Goyard on the sides - holds a ton, and took a 4-wheeled "carry-on" as well. Didn't even have to check a bag!

4. I would say a Longchamp Le Pliage bag - the big carry on is best, it's lightweight and you can stuff it to the brim.

5. i have a variety of travel purses, but this Burberry tote is great when you want to put a sweater, another purse, snacks/water, etc...without worrying if it can fit everything. Plus they still think it's my purse, not a carry on :smile:

My other go to travel purse is my Balenciage day, it's huge and can fit just about everything i need when i travel as well.

I used to use my Gucci tote a LOT, it fit my Apple laptop (15 inch) but after the laptop, and LV zippy wallet, 2 phones, etc... but it got too small for me once the airline started restricting all the baggage.

here's some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• bbag.jpg
      bbag.jpg
      File size:
      34.2 KB
      Views:
  6. i would say Longchamp too

7. #8 Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
    You can take one carry on AND your purse. I fly all the time (nearly monthly) and I just tend to carry whatever I'm enjoying at the moment you can always put your other things in a tote i.e. Kipling or Longchamp if you are looking to keep it lightweight. :smile:

Ooops didn't notice you were flying an airline that charged for carry-on's ... in that case, I would just take the large Longchamp and put my purse and other things in it...

8. Iman Global chic tote from HSN

9. I always use Longchamp now when I fly and they are perfect. Very light and easy to carry. You can put a small handbag inside if you like.

10. Totoro is THE cutest! :love: I love your pics with him, brilliant!

Oh, love the color of your bag and suitcase :smile:

11. I think I would do that too, and use a wristlet inside (if I am charged for carry-ons)

12. If I need a big bag I am taking Bal weekender , if not my large Coco cabas in vinyl is just perfect.

13. There's nothing like a big Longchamp tote! It fits nicely under the space on front of you...and you don't have to worry about the floor too much.

14. I don't have a Longchamp but I must say they do sound like a good idea as a carry-on bag.