Shipping to Doha Qatar

Jun 16, 2008
Hello everyone, i have an offer from a buyer who is in Doha Qatar, i have never shipped anything to that area before and curious if anyone had any experiences.
Thank you in advance for any advice
Its so pricey to ship things from Canada internationally, so i want to make sure i am covered and safe

^ Uh, no. Insurance is not for the buyer - it's to protect the seller. OP, I'd incorporate insurance into your shipping charges and let them know that it's mandatory, especially if your item is of high value.

Shipping oversea from Canada with tracking and insurance is very expensive... it's crazy!

OMG i went to the post office today and they told me it would be $250 !!! its insane and there is insurance but NO tracking! i would rather sell to someone else, i dont want to deal with such amounts, the bag is already expensive
i understand now why a lot of sellers sell to USA only...so much cheaper to ship!

Ok. This thread just made me feel stupid as I have never even heard of Doha Qatar. I need to get out more.

OP, find a different buyer. With no tracking and a high shipping price..... Yeah, no.

fyi-i did a trade and i am in canada and sent the bag to doha qatar- tracked- no insuracne. value was 1500.00 and everything went fine. she got the bag and i got mine.
risks.

suzie was it a big bag? how much did you end up paying for shipping? i have a big bag and its heavy, thats the biggest problem and its worth $2000

jenaywins - i have never been there and only figured it was somewhere near Dubai:smile: but yes i am considering this unfortunately

Qatar is a very tiny, VERY rich country on the Persian Gulf, just next door to Saudi Arabia. It is absolutely gorgeous! I got to study there for a year, and would LOVE to go back!

And for a bit of trivia, the name of the country is pronounced "gutter" or "cutter." :biggrin: