Should I keep this Michael Kors Uptown Astor Leopard purse?

Perhaps some people are confusing MICHAEL Michael Kors bags with Michael Kors collection bags. The former are priced at around $200-$400, while the latter are $800-$1000 bags.
On the website right now the collection bags range from $700 to $2300. I was surprised to see quite a few bags over the $1200 mark.
The Michael by Michael Kors line looks like it ranges from $260 to $600.
Of course here in canada you can add about $100 to each bag, even though our dollar is on par now. Coach has changed their pricing to be the same as the US. Wish Kors would.

Speilburg1 ^^ I think I am going to keep it :P
I love leopard ...
and its so soft and so many diff ways to carry it..
it matches my tory burch shoes & IMO looks & feels expensive:smile:

Happy to hear it. You wear it very, very well and I think it looks great on you. A lot of people think if you are questioning it, it means you shouldn't keep it. I don't see it that way. I second guess just about everything I buy from a $20 T-shirt to a $500+ bag, that's just me. I like opinions, lots of them. :P

On the website right now the collection bags range from $700 to $2300. I was surprised to see quite a few bags over the $1200 mark.
The Michael by Michael Kors line looks like it ranges from $260 to $600.
Of course here in canada you can add about $100 to each bag, even though our dollar is on par now. Coach has changed their pricing to be the same as the US. Wish Kors would.

Last I checked, the Item totes were $198. I haven't seen a MICHAEL bag at more than $500, but then again I haven't had access to the website for weeks.

Last I checked, the Item totes were $198. I haven't seen a MICHAEL bag at more than $500, but then again I haven't had access to the website for weeks.

Just searched the website for handbags and this is the breakdown on bags (I am not counting clutches or wallets nor sale items):

MICHAEL (by Michael Kors): $198 - $650 USD

MICHAEL KORS: $695 - $2300 USD

Same as what muranogrl said. :smile:

Last edited:
Do a Google search for Michael Kors Item Tote. It's a cute tote. :tup:

ETA: Thanks for the info crissy and muran. I'm so annoyed that I can't access the bags in the MK website! :pout:

As someone who used to work in MK, I would say that is a little bit overpriced for an MMK bag. It is gorgeous and looks fab, however I have a feeling that this bag is going to go on sale. All the uptown astor bags in all color ways have gone on sale in the past, and leopard print is a fall item so I am assuming that it should go on sale as well around Christmas time. For $800, you can go for a collection bag or spend a little bit extra to get a better quality handbag. OR, you should look at this and see if you like it
toryburch.com/images/products/1_120817_FS_230.jpg

Also, be aware that any handbags in this material can get ruined very easily and it is very hard to clean and maintain.

They have item totes at the outlet.. I got one that was marked down AND on sale. It ended up costing less than $90. No closure though so only practical as a true tote, and not as a regular handbag. It's really nice.