why do i hate whip stitching?

No! I can't stand whipstitching either! Ha ha! I don't know what it is but it's such a turn off. Maybe it's too rustic? I doubt it can be removed without leaving visible holes.

Last edited:
Depends on the bag. When I think of a Chloe Edith with that heavy stitching I picture an old Italian craftsman hand sewing the bag in a small shop. I don't have the bag but I love the image in my head when I see the bag.

To me it looks a bit rough and unfinished - even if it's on a fancy bag. But some stitches - like the handles on some bags, like the Hayden Harnett Wyeth tote, look like surgical stitches to me and I can't deal.

It looks good with bohemian or boho fashion. I like the stitching on the Balenciaga "motorcycle" bag handles and the Fendi Selleria line.

As long as it's slouchy leather... any kind of structured bag with whipstitch probably would feel too dated to me.

I'm not a fan of whipstitching either - glad I'm not alone!

It reminds me of those craft kits I had as a little girl. I think it spoils the look of the Balenciaga handles and I don't like the feel of it there either.