What do you think of this look ? Can a 42yrs old pull it off ?

catcat

O.G.
Sep 6, 2006
I came across this and really like the ensemble but I fear I might not be able to pull it off , I wear a size 4-6 might and I am 172cm I think that converts to 5.64.
What do you think...too much or ?

2392F9C52E534F5F89EF35A06B1F1E8C.jpg

runway looks don't always work on us real world people. I like the jacket/sweater and the belt, but not so much for the boots. Perhaps knee high instead

I say....OH HECK YES! :woohoo:

Love it. monochromatic. good proportions.

I cant tell if those boots are patent of not. I would prefer NON PATENT/regular leather boots or leather skinnys and pumps. I think patent leather boots might be a little OTT for me.

Love this look though. A Lot.

I say yes. Perhaps not with patent leather boots, but with a pair of normal knee high black riding boots this look is for all ages. Is this a Balenciaga runway? If not what designer?

I love it, up to the patent thigh high boots, on any age as long as you have the body for it--the look is pretty simple imo--and in black as well

4-6 for that height sounds relatively fit--

I say yes but do think the boots should NOT be patent. And I think an OTK boot would be MUCH more wearable.

Having said this, it also depends on where you live and your lifestyle.

runway looks don't always work on us real world people. I like the jacket/sweater and the belt, but not so much for the boots. Perhaps knee high instead

I agree(I'm 45)...love the look but would change the boots out for something OTK and NOT patent.

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments sounds really encouraging. I think I will give it a shot.
But as most of you advised I will go with simple overknees, I already have flat ones and will get heels.
The ptent looks edgy but I think if I get a pair of the shine skinnies from acne I should be fine... I also have crackeled Patent knee boots from Prada that if I feel really daring might work out.

lily25 For your info it's Burberry Prorsum, I like their stuff more and more

Thanks for your comments sounds really encouraging. I think I will give it a shot.
But as most of you advised I will go with simple overknees, I already have flat ones and will get heels.
The ptent looks edgy but I think if I get a pair of the shine skinnies from acne I should be fine... I also have crackeled Patent knee boots from Prada that if I feel really daring might work out.

lily25 For your info it's Burberry Prorsum, I like their stuff more and more

I like your interpretation, you can't go wrong with ACNE leggings imho.

I'm shocked! Burberry? I 'd never guess.