ARCHIVE 01/11/11 Authenticate this Hermes **BAG**

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bag looks authentic.
(One salesperson+one craftperson)'s knowledge (or lack of knowledger) should not lean us to discuss this bag forever.
Speculations on how many Gao with gold hardware were made or not since 2001, will not help in authenticating this very bag.

Checking with Claude is a very good idea. if one can take the actual bag to Claude. Otherwise there will be only other speculations.

Agreed, the bag looks authentic to me as well. I also agree that it is time to put this subject to rest. Thank you all for an interesting discussion.

:back2topic:

The pictures provided are insufficient to authenticate the bag.

Honestly I would have thought that someone trying to sell a bag for over $10,000 could have tried a bit better. It just makes me wonder....

I would not recommend this bag on what I am seeing so far......if the seller wants to post better pictures, that's fine but it probably won't change my mind.

Thanks S'Mom and Bababebi!

yes.. is it a mistake? omg... pls advice.. much appreciated pro!! i never bought hermes from ebay.. only direct from hermes store... but i really want a grey shoulder... though shoulder II is not bad either.. pls help!!!

Really sorry, but I don't think I have received any response on the below... would really appreciate if someone could comment. Many many thanks!

Item: HERMES Etoupe Swift Leather 35cm Birkin Bag Authentic
Listing number: 390220314898
Seller: always-authentic-auctions
Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Comments:I am a first time birkin buyer - any assistance on authenticity would be much appreciated!

It looks to me as though the auction ended already.

Yes, the bidding has ended, but I am in 'negotiation' with the seller who has a seperate website: http://alwaysauthentic.com/epages/e...Path=/Shops/eshop262922/Products/370407822526
Any thoughts on the pictures would be great! Thanks.

Pictures are insufficient. Need inside zipper pictures (both ends) and front and back inside pockets all with detail. Also close up of base of lock and keys. Check at top of this thread for what is not shown and ask for it.

Etoupe is a very popular color, is frequently faked and can be very difficult to authenticate.

The seller seems to be legitimate with a lot of Vuitton experience, but I do not know about their experience with Hermes, I found one wallet sale and could not find anything else. I would also ask them where they got the bag.

Make sure you can return the bag for any reason at all.

If you are a first time buyer, perhaps I could gently suggest that you vigorously water your money tree just a little bit more and buy from the Boutique? Nothing beats the pleasure, and you will know for sure.

Subsequently you could try the wilder water of the Web! Just a suggestion, LOL!!

Last edited:
Pictures are insufficient. Need inside zipper pictures (both ends) and front and back inside pockets all with detail. Also close up of base of lock and keys. Check at top of this thread for what is not shown and ask for it.

Etoupe is a very popular color, is frequently faked and can be very difficult to authenticate.

The seller seems to be legitimate with a lot of Vuitton experience, but I do not know about their experience with Hermes, I found one wallet sale and could not find anything else. I would also ask them where they got the bag.

Make sure you can return the bag for any reason at all.

Wow, that's really helpful! I am grateful for all of the above advice!

yes.. is it a mistake? omg... pls advice.. much appreciated pro!! i never bought hermes from ebay.. only direct from hermes store... but i really want a grey shoulder... though shoulder II is not bad either.. pls help!!!

Yes, unfortunately. The bag in question (below) is fake.

Quote:
item: Hermes 42cm Gray Leather Palladium JPG Birkin Bag Used
seller: isabella_designs
item #: 110564503508
link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_1861wt_930
comment:

Status
Not open for further replies.