Best Incentive? Free Shipping or ... ???

Which discount would draw you to a store more?

• Free Shipping

• 10% off total order

• 20% off orders over $25

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 16, 2006
Okay...me again. I'm putting together a coupon as part of a group of Indie Designers and I always struggle with what kind of incentive or discount to give.

What motivates you more?

Free Shipping? (no order limit)
10% off total order? (not counting tax or shipping) No order limit
20% off? (orders $25 or more)

I know I love discounts and my guess would be that free shipping or 20% off would be the two best. What do you think? Last time I did 10% off and only got one order. :confused1:

I like free shipping, especially if I already don't have to worry about tax. Since you are in Washington state, do non-Washington residents have to worry? How about offering free shipping or 10% off. Let the person pick the code?

PS. The earrings are lovely!

I like free shipping, especially if I already don't have to worry about tax. Since you are in Washington state, do non-Washington residents have to worry? How about offering free shipping or 10% off. Let the person pick the code?

PS. The earrings are lovely!

Until the government forces me to collect taxes from out of state folks I'm only charging tax to Washington people - and even then, only because I absolutely have to...I hate doing it.

Hmmm...lettinig people pick their incentive...interesting idea. I think I could make that work. Great idea!!! :smile:

Probably free shipping for me, especially if it's upgraded to 2nd day or something like that.

10% off doesn't do anything for me and 20% off is nice if it's a pricey item, but I still like the free shipping the best.

free shipping, hands down. if i had say, 10% discount, and i needed to return the item, then i would've paid all that money for shipping for no reason and i can't get it back. usually if there are codes for 10% off or free shipping, i'd choose free shipping, just so there are no penalties in case i change my mind. if there was also an option for 20% off, then i might take some time to consier which one to use; i'd probably choose the 20% off but buy fewer items that i'm positive i will want to keep.

my biggest two gripes about internet shopping are shipping and waiting for shipment. i HATE paying to wait! on the flipside though, i've been known to order something i otherwise wouldn't have bought simply because of a free shipping promotion (or to qualify for one). discounts usually don't do anything for me personally....i'd rather pay the extra money at a b&m store to have it in hand.

Okay...so, I think Free Shipping is just barely winning. So do you want to help me decide on a coupon? lol I'm so pathetic when it comes to deciding something like this. And husband is rarely any help.

I have two final versions...thoughts???

Coupon #1
357808517_ca891b3877.jpg

Coupon #2
357809581_28311d8f86.jpg

I like them both! But I noticed in the last round that the one I made didn't really stand out so much...it was a lighter background like the first one here. It was still pretty but the people who had darker backgrounds (black, red, pink) tended to stand out more. So I'm leaning toward #2.

Thoughts?????? :smile: Thank you!

JMHO. I actually like the first one better but I see how the ligher color blends into the background. Do you think you can offer either (free shipping or 20% off). Maybe a blurb about having the consumer make the choice of which deal is better for them. Is the expiration date 12/31/07? As a consumer I think it's great but there is something about running out to grab something because I know the deal will not be there for long.

You are very talented!

Thanks, gloss! I like the lighter one too and it's similar to the one I made for the first round of coupons. Unfortunately it really doesn't stand out.

And unfortunately I don't have a choice in the expiration date. Basically, there is a wonderful woman who coordinates these coupons from a whole bunch of artists. All of the participating artists get a whole bunch of 'sets' of the coupons and send them out along with orders. It's a great way to get exposure to people who order from other artists. I love participating! :smile: