Which country has the cheapest Chanel?

With any purchase above 175 euros in France from the same store, you can get back the detaxe which ranges from 10% to 14%. Depending on the store. You just fill out the paper work in the store and bring it to the inspection desk at the airport on your way out and have it stamped and processed. They'll want to see the goods, so make sure it is handy. Thereafter, they give you the detaxe in cash or into your credit card (takes 3 months). It's easy and it always works.

Is that before or after checking in your luggage? Hope it's before. Can't imagine carrying all my goodies as hand luggage. Do you actally check in your expensive bags? Will it get stolen?

This is a great thread! Thank you for starting it ... We don't have a Chanel here in Jakarta, so we have to either wait until we travel or ask someone to bring one down. I still haven't bought my first Chanel bag as the last two times I flew to Singapore, I didn't see any of the bags I'd been eyeing. :-/

This might be a little off-topic, but do you know if anyone on this forum travels back and forth between Paris and Singapore to buy & sell bags? :nod:

I thought the Chanel store in Barcelona was very reasonably priced compared to prices in London and the United States. To get the tax back on your purchase, you need to claim the form at customs in the last EU country (airport) you're in before heading to the United States. At least, I think... my smart ass :smartass:didn't remember to claim taxes until we were taxi-ing down the runway, so I was S.O.L.

Is that before or after checking in your luggage? Hope it's before. Can't imagine carrying all my goodies as hand luggage. Do you actally check in your expensive bags? Will it get stolen?

Before.
So I do is, I bring everything to the counter, open it for inspection, zip it it up and then check them in. But I only did this once when I bought only 1 not-so-expensive item from LV. The next time I did it, I handcarried my purchase all the way (2 Fendi spies) cos I don't want to risk it getting damaged or lost..

This question has probably been asked before, but I haven`t seen it...
I`m thinking of buying a chanel I was wondering where the cheapest place to buy was. It can be anywhere in the world...

Thank you:heart:

I've only compared the prices from all around US and Europe. Even factoring the poor exchange rate, the Chanels in Paris always seem at least $50-$100 cheaper in the end.

i think buying in Australia would work out cheapest... my mum was in Europe recently and she said it'd probably be cheapest to buy our stuff in NYC or here in Sydney rather than going to Paris for them... the exchange rate kills us over here....

i think buying in Australia would work out cheapest... my mum was in Europe recently and she said it'd probably be cheapest to buy our stuff in NYC or here in Sydney rather than going to Paris for them... the exchange rate kills us over here....

Going somewhere else just to buy a bag is never cheap unleast you are from Japan!!! :yes:
But if you have to chance to go to Paris for other reasons (work or holiday) it's a great idea to shopping and save! :graucho: