Question About Hermes Birkin Bag With Shooting Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASECONDCHANCE

no advertising
Sep 14, 2006
I have a question for all you Hermes Birkin experts out there. I received an Hermes Birkin that has the shooting star under the stamped Hermes name. I was told that these bags were made for employees. It is not blindstamped in the back. Does anyone have any information they can share with me. Thanks

Attachments

• HermesBlkBirkin2.jpg
    HermesBlkBirkin2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 4,852
  • HermesBlkBirkin 025.jpg
    HermesBlkBirkin 025.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 4,639
  • HermesBlkBirkin7.jpg
    HermesBlkBirkin7.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 3,699
^^^ yes, respost it. The shooting stars bags are made by the H craftsmen for themselves. I would love one of these, a bit of a collectors item.....

As above - they're cool from a collector's viewpoint since they are made for personal use by a craftsman, so in theory they should not be re-sold. Because Hermes will not clean/service/repair it, it can be a problem as the bag ages.

Reactions: WhyMrBabcock!
Lol this is one of the very few things I know about Hermes bags. I agree with Tweety about it being pretty fun to have since they're not generally available to most "normal" people (i.e. those who aren't the craftsmen). But yeah it wouldn't be a bag I'd use all the time simply for the fact that it can't be repaired should it ever need it.
But it's definitely a collector's piece!

Btw, do NOT bring a shooting star bag into the Hermes boutique. They don't like non-employees carrying those ... I know of someone who had a rather embarrassing experience because of it, the person bought it from a reseller who did NOT tell her that shooting star couldn't be refurbished and were only for employees.

My SA had plenty of "opinions" about shooting star bags being sold to non-employees as well ... Got an earful at one time.

As above - they're cool from a collector's viewpoint since they are made for personal use by a craftsman, so in theory they should not be re-sold. Because Hermes will not clean/service/repair it, it can be a problem as the bag ages.

OMG!
Can u believe that:
1 of my friend just bought 1 from a very famous reseller shop at knightsbridge, London. She was very happy and said that the SA told her that the shooting star stamp means: it is made by the "top craftsman of the year" and it is only 1 per year.

I doubled the resell price of this bag as it was much lower than the market value, however, my friend is a VVVIP of Hermes, I thought she knew what she was doing:sad:

Anyway, thank u so much to contribute the knowledge!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.