Agent Provocateur does bra alterations!~

lvpiggy

feels like pigsomnia
O.G.
Jan 24, 2008
oh happy day!

it's true~! if you buy a bra from agent provocateur, they will make the appropriate alterations to get you a better fit! i bought the damselle & meteorite bras last week at the San Francisco store and had them take in the bands for me (i took ~1 inch off each band i believe, or maybe 1.5 inches)

i wore the newly altered meteorite bra today, and for the first time in the history of the world, this little piggy enjoyed an entire day during which she did not have to:

• tug her bra band down into place in back
  • fish in her shirt sleeves to retrieve an AWOL shoulder strap
  • attempt to inconspicuously reposition underwires
i actually was able to forget that i was wearing a bra at times, instead of my normal state of constant irritation & tugging on the band every 5 minutes

so if, like piggy, you have trouble finding a suitably sized band amongst the standard offerings, pop over to AP and have a peek around! (^(oo)^)v

oh happy day!

it's true~! if you buy a bra from agent provocateur, they will make the appropriate alterations to get you a better fit! i bought the damselle & meteorite bras last week at the San Francisco store and had them take in the bands for me (i took ~1 inch off each band i believe, or maybe 1.5 inches)

i wore the newly altered meteorite bra today, and for the first time in the history of the world, this little piggy enjoyed an entire day during which she did not have to:

• tug her bra band down into place in back
    [*]fish in her shirt sleeves to retrieve an AWOL shoulder strap
  • attempt to inconspicuously reposition underwires
i actually was able to forget that i was wearing a bra at times, instead of my normal state of constant irritation & tugging on the band every 5 minutes

so if, like piggy, you have trouble finding a suitably sized band amongst the standard offerings, pop over to AP and have a peek around! (^(oo)^)v

Wow, learn something new every day! Thanks for the heads-up! By the way, I go "fishing" in my shirt 20 times a day. Hate it. LOL.

AP bras always fit me funny so it's handy to know they do alterations. Though I would be worried about ruining the look of the bra (esp one of the fancier designs), any chance you can post pics of the area they altered on your bra?

as requested (^(oo)^)v

this is the meteorite bra, purchased in a size 32D with 1.5 inches removed from the band - as you can see from the second photo they even put the care tag back in :P

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• AP meteorite.jpg
    AP meteorite.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 1,212
  • AP meteorite 02.jpg
    AP meteorite 02.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 1,196
^wow you can't tell! or at least i can't... esp since the bra is pretty elaborate. can you tell it's been altered? i'm wondering where they removed the 1.5" from.

do their bras run like regular american bras? i usually wear a 32c (or more like 30d I guess)

piggy...not to be forward but you must have the most desirable chest ever to be tiny-er than a 32inch and still d chest. heehee

Im in the next boat bigger 34D....my biggest problem is straps too long for such little body.

^wow you can't tell! or at least i can't... esp since the bra is pretty elaborate. can you tell it's been altered? i'm wondering where they removed the 1.5" from.

do their bras run like regular american bras? i usually wear a 32c (or more like 30d I guess)

I find that they do run like regular american bras, sort of- every bra that I have from them fits just a little differently, so you'd need to try them on.

Piggy, thanks for sharing this awesome news! AP fits me kind of strangely so maybe this will help!

This is awesome! I've never had bras altered...but I suspect I am wearing the wrong bra size and am just in denial. I'm wearing a 30 band, but I'm probably at least a 28, which are super hard to find. Alterations might be the answer.

i totally can't tell - they did the alteration at the back band by detaching the hook and eye end pieces, shortening the band a bit, and reattaching the book and eye end pieces afterwards (^(oo)^)v

i find they run a bit smaller than VS bras - in VS the 32C is the right cup size for me. i think the cups on the AP bras are closer-set than the VS ones so i found the 32C in AP was coming up a too narrowly on the outer sides of the underwire, which sizing up to 32D resolved. i measure out to be a 28D or 30D based on the various online charts.

piggy...not to be forward but you must have the most desirable chest ever to be tiny-er than a 32inch and still d chest. heehee

Im in the next boat bigger 34D....my biggest problem is straps too long for such little body.

:P it's not nearly as exciting as it seems . . . remember that the cup sizes are proportionate to band size, not fixed, so the cups on a 34D will be noticeably larger than those on a 28D or 30D!

the straps are definitely alter-able! you should ask them about it next time! i only found out about it because i was asking if they went below 32 bands . . . i don't know why they don't publicize it more!

I find that they do run like regular american bras, sort of- every bra that I have from them fits just a little differently, so you'd need to try them on.

Piggy, thanks for sharing this awesome news! AP fits me kind of strangely so maybe this will help!

This is awesome! I've never had bras altered...but I suspect I am wearing the wrong bra size and am just in denial. I'm wearing a 30 band, but I'm probably at least a 28, which are super hard to find. Alterations might be the answer.

if you ladies end up trying it out, let us know what you think! i'm definitely a happy little piggy right now (^(oo)^)

You know, I was at A.P. today and they said that alterations are $15. (I was hoping to take down a garter belt from S to XS) Piggy -- was your bra alteration free? I was bummed because for the prices they charge, you would think alterations would be free. But, I guess that wouldn't amount to a good business model because lingerie rarely fits anyone perfectly....most people would need alterations of some type for a *perfect* fit. Anyhoo, just thought I'd mention it.

^

i'm not surprised, it's a uk company and here alterations are hardly ever free (i can't actually ever remember seeing free alterations here other than in some department stores if you have their store card).