Gucci.com cancelled my order!

Clake76

Young Broke and Fab
Dec 10, 2006
A few days ago I went to:

Gucci

and bought two pairs of shoes. I got a confirmation email from Gucci.com saying that my order was processed. So this afternoon I get an email from Gucci.com Customer Service telling me that the two items I ordered will not be shipped because the Gucci.com sale is over. I find it odd that I was forwarded the URL, allowed to make the purchase and had my credit card charged (checked it online the next day) but now they are telling me that I can't get my shoes! ARGH....:cursing:

I am sad now --- I had dreams of the boots and the sneakers -- now I will go cry.

That sucks... perhaps you can call customer service and plead your case? If it wasn't stated anywhere that the sale would end at a certain time perhaps you can ask them to honor the price at the time the order was processed.

That sucks... perhaps you can call customer service and plead your case? If it wasn't stated anywhere that the sale would end at a certain time perhaps you can ask them to honor the price at the time the order was processed.

I think this was the "shopping gods" way of telling me I didn't need the shoes - merely wanted them. However, on the upside, I was feeling so depressed that I went to the Saks.com web site and found this tote Gucci - Tote - Saks.com

Then the wonderful happened -- that moment when the shopping gods take pity on you and give you all the things you need to have a perfect shopping experience. Earlier today I was at the Saks store and opened up a charge card -- this allowed me to get 10% off on top of the additional 50% on sale items. I realized that I could also use the card to get 10% off for online purchases. So I went about looking to see if anything tickled my fancy online -- which the above tote did. Then being the cheapskate I am, I went to look for a free shipping code but came across a code that allowed me to receive an additional 10% off on top of the 10% I was getting through being a new card holder.

So I called the 866 number and spoke with a customer rep who confirmed that I could do that -- and then she threw in free shipping when I jokingly asked (she said it was a way to apologize for the web site issues they had over the weekend). So in any case, while I lost out on two pairs of shoes that I liked, I gained a bag/tote that I have been eyeing and almost paid full price for -- I feel vindicated now !!!!

:P ^ A girl after my own heart! Just how I like to shop! I just keep digging and digging and somehow I get that diamond in the rough on mega sale! Good job! Congrats on the goods! --Enjoy!! :heart: Emmy

I think this was the "shopping gods" way of telling me I didn't need the shoes - merely wanted them. However, on the upside, I was feeling so depressed that I went to the Saks.com web site and found this tote Gucci - Tote - Saks.com

Then the wonderful happened -- that moment when the shopping gods take pity on you and give you all the things you need to have a perfect shopping experience. Earlier today I was at the Saks store and opened up a charge card -- this allowed me to get 10% off on top of the additional 50% on sale items. I realized that I could also use the card to get 10% off for online purchases. So I went about looking to see if anything tickled my fancy online -- which the above tote did. Then being the cheapskate I am, I went to look for a free shipping code but came across a code that allowed me to receive an additional 10% off on top of the 10% I was getting through being a new card holder.

So I called the 866 number and spoke with a customer rep who confirmed that I could do that -- and then she threw in free shipping when I jokingly asked (she said it was a way to apologize for the web site issues they had over the weekend). So in any case, while I lost out on two pairs of shoes that I liked, I gained a bag/tote that I have been eyeing and almost paid full price for -- I feel vindicated now !!!!

so..... you got the bag for 70% off?? :nuts: ..... $141!?!? .....