saks now charge taxes effective Jan 31?

SpeedyLover

Dec 14, 2009
I MEANT TAXES and not Shipping! Sorry!

I was charged 4.xx% for my purchase! My SA knew I only buy from saks for this reason.. or otherwise, I would just buy from LV store or LV.com
Granted that the closest one is 3 hours away.. but I would still be able to return it to the store that is within a driving distance from me..

anyone has the same experience about being charged tax?

I have a Saks in town and whenever I have ordered on saks.com I have been charged a 4.xx% sales tax. If I go into the store and shop it is 8.75% tax. Whereas it is tax free when I shop from NM, BG, Bloomies or Nordstrom since we do not have one of those stores here.

So NM, BG, Bloomingdales and Nordstroms doesn't charge Sales Taxes on Louis Vuitton goods if none of those stores are present in your state?

As far as I know, that's the usual procedure. No brick and mortar store no sales tax. That my change soon though. States want a slice of the cyber economy pie. Especially now.

It's not state tax. It's the city of Scottsdale sales tax. I just spoke to my SA and she said the Scottsdale store is the only one that does this. I was mistaken and thought it was all NM.

Last edited: