Help me sticky outside/inside pocket on LV Purse...

lvlvrinvt

Feb 23, 2010
I am new and I need help.
I recently was given a LV St Cloud Bag, vintage, about 20 years old. The bag looks new and is authentic but in the pocket inside is all this black sticky stuff. Really gross. It was in the outside pocket as well and I cleaned it all out with nail polish remover..a big job. The inside pocket is a different material and NP remover will not touch it.

It's a nice bag from a girlfriend so I have to keep it and want to use it. I have Googled the problem with no luck. There is No LV place here to take it to.

The bag had been stored for many years. Looks good but what could all the black sticky stuff be..it is NOT peeling.

I am worried about bacteria, used Lysol but still need help figuring out what this is.

Thanks if you can help.

Thanks for the info. I had heard of peeling but never this black horrid stuff. Funny nothing comes up on Google. ??

I will try the Goo Gone and see what happens.

Could probably live without using that one pocket. When you stick your hand in there it comes out all black and you have to scrub really hard to get it off your hand. Really love the bag though.

Sorry I do not as of now have a pic.

I hope whatever it is is not loaded with germs, bacteria. Yuk

Thanks again..

Take it into your LV boutique. They can usually redo the pocket lining. I've had a couple of older epi bags (monceau and the matching briefcase that I don't remember the name of) relined and they look great. I was a very bad girl and frequently left them in my car trunk - not a wise choice in the S. Florida heat.

I know all about "peeling."
Was yours full of (and I mean full of) black sticky material that left your hands black and was very hard to wash off them ?

I luv LV but they are problematic bags as well as expensive.

I have the Goo Gone but when I think of the mess I am going to encounter I have not attemped it yet. At this point I am tempted to trash the bag. Worried about all that bacteria. Yuk !

No LV Boutique here and to ship to NY and get it back could take months.

It's strange that there is not more info on the net about this. I was beginning to think I was the only person who had the problem but the bag had been stored for many years until a friend gave it to me.

The Goo Gone really did it. A bit messy with the black junk so use rubber gloves. I used the kind in the spray bottle. I was amazed that it worked. SashaNicole had a good idea.
My thanks to her.

Good luck.