Buyer paid, next day says she doesn't want the item. Now what?

brookeab

Oct 28, 2009
I sold an item on ebay and the buyer paid right away. Two days later she says she wants to cancel the transaction and wants a refund. I am NOT willing to do this because she already paid, I have her item ready to send, AND the money is already being transfered to my account. What should I do here? She didn't give a reason for not wanting the item, she just changed her mind.

Do you have a return policy? If so, she will proably then return it to you if you ship it? Or if not - find a reason to cause some trouble..... like a fake SNAD or something?

Personally I dont think i would risk it, even if it is super-annoying to have to start over....

Do you have a return policy? If so, she will proably then return it to you if you ship it? Or if not - find a reason to cause some trouble..... like a fake SNAD or something?

Personally I dont think i would risk it, even if it is super-annoying to have to start over....

This was my thought..I think I will do that. Because in the end it will be a pain anyway. :sad:

I think I'm getting ready to have the same problem.
My buyer has 3 feedbacks. She paid immediately and then sent me an email saying she didn't want me to mail it until a certain day because she doesn't want her hubby to know about it. And she wants it sent to a different address.
THen she writes a few days later and gives me another day to send it, which is tomorrow.
I am waiting for tonight's email about yet another change.

It's good that you cancelled. Because if you had sent it out, when she received it, she might have been a big dramatic situation for you. She could contact paypal, say its "damaged" or whatever the case may be to get her money back.

One time, I sold a coach bag on bonanzle, and the woman got the purse and she emailed me:

"I got the bag, and i love it but I would like to reutrn it. There is nothing wrong with the bag, I just changed my mind"

I told her there is no refunds and i hope she enjoys her bag lol. she never emailed me again, thank god. My point is, buyers remorse SUCK! lol

You're better off just to cancel the transaction, re-list the item and put that person into your blocked bidder list. It is the lesser of the two evils, much better than dealing with a SNAD claim and you can re-list your item right away.