Usps.com and tracking 'status'

Jan 19, 2008
I posted an item for return here in the UK on 10 Feb. I used Royal Mail and their tracking for the package shows as this:

Your item, posted on 10/02/10 with reference RJ338762455GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

I checked on Usps.com and the tracking shows as this:

Label/Receipt Number: RJ33 8762 455G B
Service(s): Registered Mail™

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

Is this normal? Is it just me panicking or do they seem to sort of contradict each other? Like Royal Mail says it's in US and Usps says it's still in the UK? I don't really have much experience of Usps and their tracking updates etc so don't really know what to expect, am really worried that the package may have been lost :sad: - could anyone shed any light please?

I really hope someone can help.....I just got the following message from Paypal, re: the item above.

Dear Anna XX,

We have concluded our investigation into the following claim:

XXXXPersonal Info RemovedXXXX

The tracking information you provided was invalid, and we were unable to
confirm delivery of the item associated with this claim. As a result, the
case is now considered closed and we are unable to process a refund.

We encourage you to work directly with the seller to find a resolution.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Yours sincerely,

Protection Services Department

What can I do? What if the seller just keeps the shoes and the money? Do you think I can get Paypal to re-open the case for another week or so just until delivery is made?

According to usps.com, you are just fine - the package arrived today.

Label/Receipt Number: RJ33 8762 455G B
Service(s): Registered Mail™

Your item arrived at 9:08 AM on February 22, 2010 in ABINGDON, MD 21009. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Arrival at Unit, February 22, 2010, 9:08 am, ABINGDON, MD 21009