New Dior Ad Campaign Spring 2010

Swe3tGirl

O.G.
Oct 9, 2009
I was at the bookstore and browsing through fashion magazines when I stumbled upon the new Dior ads! I absolutely love the second handbag. The U.S. version of Elle magazine featured a python version of it with crystals on the lock, but stated that it was price upon request. Eek! I can't wait to see that handbag in real life. What do you think of these handbags and the new advertisements? A hit or a miss?

Attachments

• d33.jpg
    d33.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 629
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 849
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 401
Our local Dior God, Emi :biggrin:, has already revealed that the name of that particular bag (the one in the second pic) is Chri-Chri - I absolutely love the look of it! :nuts: I would want a shoulder strap though since I prefer to be able to carry my bags on the shoulder as well ...

I'm not too keen on the python bag, which looks like it has a little gun holster attached to it :supacool: would actually like to know what that is! But I have more than once been taken by surprise when I've seen the bags IRL and completely changed my mind about them! Certain I won't get a python version though, way too expensive.

Chri-Chri, such a cute name! Yes, I can't wait for it to show up in the boutique. Sadly, there's only one Dior boutique where I'm from =(

Regarding your second comment, yes, python is too much for me. I'd be happy with a lambskin/leather option =D Even so, I believe this bag will be in the $2000+ range >_<

Haha It's not really a Dior boutique (like an actual store). Canada actually doesn't have a Dior boutique at all (not that I know of) except for those little ones within Holt Renfrew that only sells accessories and leather goods. It's better than nothing though! =D If I really wanted to go to an actual Dior boutique, then I would have to travel to New York, which is a hassle =(

I do love your Dior collection Black_Swarmer! Since you don't have a boutique in Denmark, then I'm guessing you travel? Lucky you! ^_^ Maybe one day you can post up pictures of actual Dior boutiques during your travels *drools* Hehe.

The first ad shows the Dior Detective bag, available only in python and only at selected key stores around the world. It was the runway bag for the Spring/Summer 2010 show.

The bag in the second ad, as Swami (;)) has said, is the Dior Chri-Chri. :yes:

I was at the bookstore and browsing through fashion magazines when I stumbled upon the new Dior ads! I absolutely love the second handbag. The U.S. version of Elle magazine featured a python version of it with crystals on the lock, but stated that it was price upon request. Eek! I can't wait to see that handbag in real life. What do you think of these handbags and the new advertisements? A hit or a miss?
You mean a python and crystal version of the Dior Chri-Chri? That's the first I've heard...

I've only seen the above in the Dior New Lock:

predioracccruise10bags0.jpg

eminere™;14272764 said:
You mean a python and crystal version of the Dior Chri-Chri? That's the first I've heard...

I've only seen the above in the Dior New Lock:

predioracccruise10bags0.jpg

Yes, there's a python and crystal version of the Cri-Cri. I saw it in the U.S. version of Elle magazine. I'll try to find it again and take a picture of it.

Emi, do you know if the new handbags are limited edition (as in only for the season) or a part of the permanent collection??

Yes, there's a python and crystal version of the Cri-Cri. I saw it in the U.S. version of Elle magazine. I'll try to find it again and take a picture of it.

Emi, do you know if the new handbags are limited edition (as in only for the season) or a part of the permanent collection??
Yes please do - it would be lovely to see what sounds like a stunning bag! :nuts:

The Le 30 is carried-over, and the Dior New Lock and Dior Chri-Chri are seasonal (for now).

I took pictures of the python and crystal Chri-Chri! I will post them up tonight as I am not at home at the moment.

Let's hope the Chri-Chri becomes permanent...it is a gorgeous bag =D

Here are the pics of the python and crystal Chri-Chri! Isn't it gorgeous? I love the detailing on the chain.

Attachments

• d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 277
  • d4.jpg
    d4.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 259
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 234
  • d3.jpg
    d3.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 242
I just found this Dior handbag. It is a part of the new collection as well, considering it looks similar to the Chri-Chri (lock and chain). Apparently this one is $2400 US, and is made of white lambskin. I really like it! Too bad it doesn't come with a shoulder strap.

Attachments

• d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 281
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 250
I just found this Dior handbag. It is a part of the new collection as well, considering it looks similar to the Chri-Chri (lock and chain). Apparently this one is $2400 US, and is made of white lambskin. I really like it! Too bad it doesn't come with a shoulder strap.
This is part of the Dior Chri-Chri collection, just in a different style. :yes: