New Dior Ad Campaign Spring 2010

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I was at the bookstore and browsing through fashion magazines when I stumbled upon the new Dior ads! I absolutely love the second handbag. The U.S. version of Elle magazine featured a python version of it with crystals on the lock, but stated that it was price upon request. Eek! I can't wait to see that handbag in real life. What do you think of these handbags and the new advertisements? A hit or a miss?

Attached Files:

• d33.jpg
      d33.jpg
      File size:
      180.5 KB
      Views:
    • d.jpg
      d.jpg
      File size:
      183.7 KB
      Views:
    • d2.jpg
      d2.jpg
      File size:
      166.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Our local Dior God, Emi :biggrin:, has already revealed that the name of that particular bag (the one in the second pic) is Chri-Chri - I absolutely love the look of it! :nuts: I would want a shoulder strap though since I prefer to be able to carry my bags on the shoulder as well ...

I'm not too keen on the python bag, which looks like it has a little gun holster attached to it :supacool: would actually like to know what that is! But I have more than once been taken by surprise when I've seen the bags IRL and completely changed my mind about them! Certain I won't get a python version though, way too expensive.

3. Chri-Chri, such a cute name! Yes, I can't wait for it to show up in the boutique. Sadly, there's only one Dior boutique where I'm from =(

Regarding your second comment, yes, python is too much for me. I'd be happy with a lambskin/leather option =D Even so, I believe this bag will be in the $2000+ range >_<

4. Lucky you to even have a Dior boutique! Denmark is no-go for Dior ... closest ones are Germany and London which are great cities, but not exactly round the corner :biggrin:

5. Haha It's not really a Dior boutique (like an actual store). Canada actually doesn't have a Dior boutique at all (not that I know of) except for those little ones within Holt Renfrew that only sells accessories and leather goods. It's better than nothing though! =D If I really wanted to go to an actual Dior boutique, then I would have to travel to New York, which is a hassle =(

I do love your Dior collection Black_Swarmer! Since you don't have a boutique in Denmark, then I'm guessing you travel? Lucky you! ^_^ Maybe one day you can post up pictures of actual Dior boutiques during your travels *drools* Hehe.

6. The first ad shows the Dior Detective bag, available only in python and only at selected key stores around the world. It was the runway bag for the Spring/Summer 2010 show.

The bag in the second ad, as Swami (;)) has said, is the Dior Chri-Chri. :yes:

7. You mean a python and crystal version of the Dior Chri-Chri? That's the first I've heard...

I've only seen the above in the Dior New Lock:

[​IMG]

8. Yes, there's a python and crystal version of the Cri-Cri. I saw it in the U.S. version of Elle magazine. I'll try to find it again and take a picture of it.

Emi, do you know if the new handbags are limited edition (as in only for the season) or a part of the permanent collection??

9. Yes please do - it would be lovely to see what sounds like a stunning bag! :nuts:

The Le 30 is carried-over, and the Dior New Lock and Dior Chri-Chri are seasonal (for now).

10. I took pictures of the python and crystal Chri-Chri! I will post them up tonight as I am not at home at the moment.

Let's hope the Chri-Chri becomes permanent...it is a gorgeous bag =D

11. I love the 1940s Film Noir -clothes/feel to the ads and the Lauren Bacall look-alile model is perfect for it.

Beautiful

Bags are nice too LOL ;)

12. Here are the pics of the python and crystal Chri-Chri! Isn't it gorgeous? I love the detailing on the chain.

Attached Files:

• d1.jpg
      d1.jpg
      File size:
      36.7 KB
      Views:
    • d4.jpg
      d4.jpg
      File size:
      33.3 KB
      Views:
    • d2.jpg
      d2.jpg
      File size:
      20.2 KB
      Views:
    • d3.jpg
      d3.jpg
      File size:
      26 KB
      Views:
  13. I just found this Dior handbag. It is a part of the new collection as well, considering it looks similar to the Chri-Chri (lock and chain). Apparently this one is $2400 US, and is made of white lambskin. I really like it! Too bad it doesn't come with a shoulder strap.

Attached Files:

• d1.jpg
      d1.jpg
      File size:
      11.5 KB
      Views:
    • d2.jpg
      d2.jpg
      File size:
      13.8 KB
      Views:
  14. Wow - gorgeous! I like how the python is replicated on a band across the lock.

The black rounded square link chain isn't part of the bag. :smile:

15. This is part of the Dior Chri-Chri collection, just in a different style. :yes: