Pics and Modeling Shots of 2010 Royal and Brown Basketweave MAC & Royal Beloved Mini

royalwink

Jul 8, 2008
I know a lot of people are wanting to see how the new Royal/BBW family looks, so I thought I'd share some pictures of my MAC.

It's got good stamping except for the piping, but of course that has to be stretched similar to how MAM/MAB handles have to be. The antique gold is gorgeous. It's basically a more matte gold (not weathered or anything like the name suggests), and is a shade or two lighter than brass (not as bright as polished gold). This was made in China, has the polka dot lining, and seems to be just a shade lighter than my Royal Beloved Mini, which was made in US.

DSC02542.jpg

DSC02541.jpg

DSC02526.jpg

DSC02527.jpg

This has got to be my favorite Beloved Mini up there with Harewood. Like I said above, the US royal seems to be a shade or two darker than the Royal/BBW bags at the moment. It's a little stiffer too, which I kinda like in a Beloved. My Harewood one is slouchy, which I think pairs nicely with the color. More structure leather gives it a whole different feel, really gorgeous and classy. I may detasselize it to clean it up a little and make it a little more classic.

DSC02543.jpg

DSC02545.jpg

DSC02531.jpg

Finally, a side by side shot so you can see how the royal on the Beloved Mini (US batch) is darker than the MAC (China batch).

DSC02544.jpg

**Colors are true to life, taken without flash. For modeling picture reference, I am 5'6".

Last edited:
royalwink, thank you so much for a wonderful reveal! I am loving Royal right now(and always), you picked two fabulous styles. Your pictures are very clear, and show awesome detail. Congrats!!

So here is a question that may seem trivial but I am curious to see how everyone feels/thinks about this...

Would you wear the Royal/ Brown Basketweave with Black shoes/clothing? Or brown or blue?
I am so intrigued by this color combination, but I can't seem to figure what to wear it with...

Thanks everyone--now for answers to some questions!

I really like both bags, and they both look great on you! What lining does the royal mini b have?

Black and white floral canvas.

Would you wear the Royal/ Brown Basketweave with Black shoes/clothing? Or brown or blue?
I am so intrigued by this color combination, but I can't seem to figure what to wear it with...

Great question! I like wearing it with anything solid, and I think it actually looks great with some black! I wore it with the gray tee and black jeans as seen above, and loved the feel of it. For me, I really like Royal/BBW with basic, "boring" solids--black, gray, ivory, brown, tan, etc.

You totally sold me on the MAC! It is absolutely gorgeous up close... The stamping is done very well... You wear it really well!!!
As for the Royal Mini B...:drool:.... That bag is hot... Especially since it has the black and white floral... Love the color... Your bags are beautiful! Thank you for the great pictures...

Besabonita- I loved the royal bbw combo for so long but felt the same way as you, like what to wear with it.... Now that I took the plunge and have it in a MAM, I wear it with everything! I like to wear it with stuff that's never too matchy so the bag really stands out...