Vintage Jumbo owners...is this normal?

greenbean22

Jan 22, 2010
i recently purchased a vintage series 2 jumbo flap on ebay after having it authenticated here. I noticed that a small part on the chain the leather doesnt connect and i just wanted to know if that was normal This is the picture the seller had i just didnt notice it before i bought it! Its the one on the inner bottom right side like 3 links up! TIA :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_8960.jpg
    IMG_8960.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 180
i recently purchased a vintage series 2 jumbo flap on ebay after having it authenticated here. I noticed that a small part on the chain the leather doesnt connect and i just wanted to know if that was normal This is the picture the seller had i just didnt notice it before i bought it! Its the one on the inner bottom right side like 3 links up! TIA :biggrin:

I don't have a vintage jumbo, but a bag that I bought recently that's from 2004 has that problem.

Don't worry it is normal and not at all a defect or a problem :smile: Some vintages were made that way, depending on batch or season. Not only the jumbos, but the smaller sizes as well. And not only vintage, the more recent bags can be made that way too, one example is the '08 pre-fall goatskin patent jumbo flaps all came with this type of connection on the chain strap. I think there were a few threads on this topic previously. Hope that helps! :flowers:

I'm wondering why this is being referred to as a 'problem'? It's not a problem at all. The strap has to begin and end somewhere.
The other option would be for Chanel to overlap the ends and stitch and/or glue them. And lots of people complain about that.
To me, it shows quality and great care has been taken to finish the ends professionally and beautifully. I'm always baffled when somebody thinks it's a problem or a flaw. :shrugs: