OH no! I just bought from a slippery seller.

Oct 21, 2008
Please advise!

I just did a BIN/immediate payment on a pair of shoes.
When the paypal receipt went through I got quite a surprise :wtf: when I saw the real name of the seller.
I had a problem with a skirt I bought from this seller (under another ID) last year. That item was described as perfect/excellent/exceptional etc - when it arrived it was not much more than a faded rag. I returned it, copped a 20% 're-stocking' charge, and obviously was out of pocket for shipping both ways. It left me with a bad feeling towards her. I've tried to keep up with her ID's.

I expect the BNWB item I purchased today will be genuine but in (very) poor condition.
Should I contact the seller before she ships? If so, what can I say to ensure that either the item is good or if otherwise we can both agree to cancel the sale?
Should I contact paypal/ebay for their advice?
Or should I just wait to see what she ships??? :shucks:
TIA!

I would just hang tight and not contact the seller just yet. Wait to see what ships and if it is not as described then open up a dispute via eBay. This way you will get all of your money back (including shipping) and not have to pay a ridiculous restocking fee due to their error. Sorry you've had to go through that before with this seller. Let us know what happens!

Please advise!

I just did a BIN/immediate payment on a pair of shoes.
When the paypal receipt went through I got quite a surprise :wtf: when I saw the real name of the seller.
I had a problem with a skirt I bought from this seller (under another ID) last year. That item was described as perfect/excellent/exceptional etc - when it arrived it was not much more than a faded rag. I returned it, copped a 20% 're-stocking' charge, and obviously was out of pocket for shipping both ways. It left me with a bad feeling towards her. I've tried to keep up with her ID's.

I expect the BNWB item I purchased today will be genuine but in (very) poor condition.
Should I contact the seller before she ships? If so, what can I say to ensure that either the item is good or if otherwise we can both agree to cancel the sale?
Should I contact paypal/ebay for their advice?
Or should I just wait to see what she ships??? :shucks:
TIA!

Thank you for your advice and sympathy bulletproofsoul :smile:

I don't think this seller will want to ship to me. I gave her some straightforward (but polite!) advice on seller's ethics last time we communicated *sigh*

:thinking:

How about I send her a note like this:

"Before you ship my item could you please confirm that the shoes are in a brand new, fresh and unworn condition expected of brand new designer shoes?
Last year I bought a designer skirt from you (under your old seller ID XXX). The skirt was SNAD so I returned it to you for refund, hence my concern about the shoes.
Kind regards-"

Does this give her an opportunity to refund before she ships as well as help me if I have to open a dispute later on?