Do your SAs do this?

Kou-
A good SA would not do that. In fact, when I was contemplating the Hee Boo bag and a GP with wool-type material, my SA made a face. That's usually a clue for me to "forget about it".

I was in the store yesterday to pick up a Karo - spied the size I want in swift vermillon. Really liked the color and the leather but he told me to wait since he thinks that the swift leather doesn't do much for the color.

Your situation is difficult. But if you happen to know her schedule, maybe you may want to pop in when she is not there and work with someone else.

Whenever a salesperson in any store anywhere tells me I "need" to have something or I always say "Great, I'd love it if you could buy it for me" then we all laugh and that is the end of it. They usually get the message that I'm not weak minded and don't try that again on me. This is a sales tactic used for eons to prey on the insecurities of the shopper. Don't let them use it on you.

It sounds like you really want to stay with that store. Maybe the next time your SA recommends the wallet you could just explain to him/her your thinking, that you want to first get a bag and then you will consider a wallet to go with it. Tell them for you it is like putting the cart before the horse.

Take a stand.
Usually, My SA will try to point out something I might like and then like see how it resonates with me. If it's a no, then we drop it. If it's a yes, then I buy it. SA's shouldn't be pushy. They are there for you!

J

Kou, the SAs at my store do not try to "push" sell anything to me either. I agree that a good H SA would not do that. Whenever I visit the store, they would just very politely say Hello and give me that "What can I do for you today?" look. And wait for me to spew my excitement in search of something here that has caught my eye!!!! LOL I think they are the ones trying to restrain me!:sweatdrop: :Push:

I understand that the SAs get commission on only the non Kelly/Birkin items, so they tend to save the Kelly/Birkins for their regular customers (who regularly pop in for the odd scarf or two!!). You may not have much luck with your SO unless you establish a buying record with him/her. You may, however, just be plain lucky and spot one out on the shelf ( but this is not what you want either)....

We are all in the same boat. I am really looking forward to getting a Birkin too but am having fun with the rest of the stuff in the meantime.

You have got to get a better SA. My SA would never do that to me. When I am in the store, she shows me new items I may not have seen, or bags and wallets to show me what the different leathers/colors/styles look like but she never says I need to buy something. She knows that when I want something I will ask her for it and then she will do her best to track it down for me if it isn't in the store. Find an SA that is going to treat you with the respect you deserve.

Kou, I'd talk to the manager about that. I don't have anything ordered right now but I'd love to do that in the future. :smile:

I rarely run into the manager when I was there. And uhm ... actually, pretty much everybody at the store save for maybe 3 have mentioned I "need" to get a Bearn. I think it'd be safe to say that the entire store pretty much wants me to get a Bearn. At the moment I just told them that NO bags = NO Bearn for me. And that if I do have the bag, the hardware, details, and size MUST be down to a tee in accordance to my preference. I told them it's either that or I want a Saffron Ostrich Bearn with Ruthenium hardware, and I know they don't make that one.:idea:

I think next time I go in, I need to re-emphasize to my SA that I do NOT want them to order ANY Bearns for me at this Podium because I will NOT buy it if it comes in. Seriously, they've pushed like the SAME Bearn on me 3 times already, then they tried to push another Bearn of the same leather and color combo but different size on me the other day. After that, they tried pushing yet another Bearn in a similar color on me.

Thank goodness I'm going to Asia for a few weeks next year ... I have a legit excuse to not show up at the store ... Now I just need to figure out how to find a way to get out of going to the sale because I do NOT want to spend on RTW (still can't get rid of the RTW I bought last time).

I understand that the SAs get commission on only the non Kelly/Birkin items, so they tend to save the Kelly/Birkins for their regular customers (who regularly pop in for the odd scarf or two!!). You may not have much luck with your SO unless you establish a buying record with him/her. You may, however, just be plain lucky and spot one out on the shelf ( but this is not what you want either)....

We are all in the same boat. I am really looking forward to getting a Birkin too but am having fun with the rest of the stuff in the meantime.

I pop in at least once a month and everytime I'm there I buy quite a number of things (which always end up getting unloaded somewhere). Here's the thing, with my ex-SA, I was much better with saying No. With this one, while my current SA is nice and easy to approach, it seems impossible to say no. That and I feel that they all keep dangling the possibility of an order going through in front of me ... but then they'll say that they have to get confirmation for orders and that they have plenty of clients who have placed orders but waited over 4 years for something as there was never a confirmed yes or no.

I'm giving myself til the July Podium ... They can't confirm anything for me at that time, I'm probably going to drop Hermes altogether. I LOVE Hermes, but the mindgames are a big turn off. I'm even thinking of buying that ostrich Bolide from the different store and bring it into my own store just to prove a point.

You have got to get a better SA. My SA would never do that to me. When I am in the store, she shows me new items I may not have seen, or bags and wallets to show me what the different leathers/colors/styles look like but she never says I need to buy something. She knows that when I want something I will ask her for it and then she will do her best to track it down for me if it isn't in the store. Find an SA that is going to treat you with the respect you deserve.

I noticed that with regards to tracking something down, they don't always do that for me. It's like a 50/50 chance. For example ... one time I was there and I was looking for quite a number of things. They were willing to track down a scarf for me but wouldn't track down an agenda for me. I wonder if it's because they get more comissions selling the agenda so they would rather that I WAIT for something to turn up at their store?

Whenever a salesperson in any store anywhere tells me I "need" to have something or I always say "Great, I'd love it if you could buy it for me" then we all laugh and that is the end of it. They usually get the message that I'm not weak minded and don't try that again on me. This is a sales tactic used for eons to prey on the insecurities of the shopper. Don't let them use it on you.

I gotta use that line next time. Thanks GK! Good thing I hadn't bought a Bearn yet ...

Kou, the SAs at my store do not try to "push" sell anything to me either. I agree that a good H SA would not do that. Whenever I visit the store, they would just very politely say Hello and give me that "What can I do for you today?" look. And wait for me to spew my excitement in search of something here that has caught my eye!!!! LOL I think they are the ones trying to restrain me!:sweatdrop: :Push:

This is where my Psych degree has come in pretty useless. I've always thought that with a Psych degree, I should be able to use it to my advantage. My friend has advised me to go in pretending that I don't know what I want, and then after having them show me a bunch of stuff, pick the one thing I intended to get from the beginning and be done to it. I can never seem to do that naturally. I don't know, I'm going about this wrong somehow.

Perhaps I shouldn't ask them to put me on a list? but if I don't, I dont' know how to get on the list. I'd imagine I can only get on the list if I ask them, otherwise it may take forever. Usually I just flat out and ask, "So do you think you can order something for me in February?"

It sounds like you really want to stay with that store. Maybe the next time your SA recommends the wallet you could just explain to him/her your thinking, that you want to first get a bag and then you will consider a wallet to go with it. Tell them for you it is like putting the cart before the horse.

One of the reasons I wanted to stay with the store is that whenever I tried another store, I feel like I have to build everything from the ground up again. Other stores usually seemed a bit cold to me and just the thought of having to plop down another 40K and more makes me sick. I suppose ideally will be to find a small store and then buy a lot from it, but the thing is small store has small quota so unless I'm the biggest spender there, there's no guarantee. Oh what to do ...??