Do your SAs do this?

Ok, please don't burn me for this. Kou, I have to say that this seems to be an ongoing issue for you and you are always saying that you keep getting pushed into buying more things from that store in hopes to get on the list. You have bought more than enough merchandise to get on ANY list. It is a bunch of bull that buying more will suddenly get you your bag. It seems that they like the fact that they can continually push items on you and you buy them, and yet they still will not confirm your order (and perhaps they can't for some reason). You really either need to take a stand or simply go to another store. I have heard many people have had excellent luch in Beverly Hills. Perhaps that is a better alternative because to be honest, if you are pushed into spending thousands of dollars on stuff you don't want just to get a bag that you do want- it doesn't seem worth it. Obviously, you are the only one who can decide whether it is worth it or if you have had enough already. I for one would talk to the manager and tell them that it is becoming increasingly more uncomfortable to shop there and that you would like to know the status of your order.

Demand service or you won't get it. You are far too nice and they seem to be taking advantage of you. It just isn't right! Please talk to the manager already!

Just say no. :P

Been doing that and it appears that they're as persistent as I am. Ah well, maybe they ARE tryin to help? Maybe they think I will be happy with a Bearn?

Once again, must emphasize that my SA is nice, polite, ethusiastic and passionate about Hermes. If I need to see something or have questions, my SA does answer patiently and help. The frustration is getting a definite confirmation and commitment on ordering and that I feel that I'm being pushed to buy stuff that I don't need all the time.

I DO love Hermes products, but I cannot bring myself to invest in other small items when I don't have the bags yet ... I still love bags best because those are the things that I can actually use ALL the time

Like GT, I have had very positive experiences in this boutique. I have never been pressured to purchase... In fact, in some cases my SA and others that I have gotten to know have shaken their heads as in "no, not that one"... I do not think it is necessary to be a "big spender" to receive great service (I would not "qualify" to consider the birkins I have been offered in that case)... I find that a smile, a kind word, and an interest in light chat goes a long ways...

Best of luck to you with your quest!

:yes: I've only had wonderful experiences with this boutique too. But by all means if there is another H close by maybe you would feel more comfortable with them? No harm in trying a bunch of different H boutiques to see which one you like the best. :smile:

Gosh Kou, I did not realize that you had already purchased so much from H. Wow, I guess, like SoCal suggests, trying to win them over with a smile and small talk may be the way to go. Worked for me, I was offered the bag (untouched, from the 'back') of my dreams on my first visit to H in NYC.

This is going to be a long response, but I was having a pretty distressing day and am feeling massively guilty and awful for going to Hermes recently. Essentially what happened was my family is in process of getting window blinds installed at the new house. We had an appointment with the salesperson at 4:30pm today. The guy (who turned out to be a nice old man in his 60s), drove down all the way from West L.A. to Orange County. He spent over 3 hours at our house educating us about blinds and taking measurements. He did everything he could to lower the price and everything. At the end, we didn't commit to buying. Why? All because he wanted a 33% deposit as opposed to a 10%.

I felt very bad for the guy. He spent so much time with us, and drove so far. Not to mention everytime he walked up and down our stairs, he was panting non-stop! Yes, as customers we have a right to say no but gosh, all becaues of the deposit amount! That was when it struck me. I made it TOO EASY for my SA! I almost never said no and when I did, I was made to feel unwelcome (not directly but I could feel it in the change in demeanor and tone). What happened today with the blinds salesman was what really made me feel guilty. It was never easy to make a sale, why am I making it so easy for my SA? Especially when I don't even want the item to begin with?!

When I go into the store, I don't just ask for bags. In fact, whenever I go in, I TALK about Hermes, I ask questions about Hermes, I am passionate about it (because I AM). Of course, I also always buy something everytime I was there. I don't know if my buying things EVERYTIME I was there had become a form of classical conditioning in which my SA is expecting me to buy something. All I know was, whenever she offered me something and I declined it, I could sense the change in her demeanor. If this was over the phone, she wanted to get off the phone right away. If this was in person, I could feel that she wanted to finish our "session" as soon as possible.

I've said it many times already and I'll say again. I LOVE Hermes. I love their products. But I'm very picky and methodical about what I want to get first. Everyone has his/her own quirks. I have my own methods, process, and superstitions. I cannot justify spending money on things I don't need right now. I don't need ANYTHING else from Hermes aside from the bags ... Now, if I have my own place then yes I can see myself getting their china and what not, or even the scarves to be used as pictures on the wall. Otherwise, no I don't need anything from them. I'm not a clothes or accessories person, and I don't have the habit of jotting down notes on agenda. Try as I might, and as much as I love the products, I cannot justify buying when I have no use for them.

So, I'm led to think that my buying lots from her is actually having the opposite effect of what I wanted. In fact, I noticed that they were especially nice to me when I have not talked to them for two months. I hate to think that I have to be high maintenance and distant in order for them to be nice to me. Now I think I probably shouldn't have gone in there in December for holiday shopping and should've instead gone in January ... Well, it's either that or maybe I don't have the "Hermes" aura about me? Maybe I don't "look" like someone who deserves to own Hermes? But then again, my friend who makes many times more money than I do and drop at least 100K a year is having it worse than I am.

Anyways, how do I address this with the manager? I do not plan on getting anyone into trouble because I don't feel anyone should be in trouble. In a way, my SA is doing her job by trying to get as much comissions and business for the store as possible. I'd think it may be the SA's job to push and sell as many items as possible. Perhaps I am an easy target because I'm too nice and don't exude enough confidence. Perhaps I should make it known that I also shop elsewhere? I don't think the latter is a good idea as my store has expressed and implied that they don't like it when ppl shop elsewhere and that they wanted their customers to be loyal.

I'm happy if my SA show me something because that makes me a privileged customer. But she does not pester me buying. She can read my expression and know my spending limits. It's important to have a heart-to-heart talk with your SA, kou.

Omigod, my SA has never been like that to me. She never implied she don't like me shopping elsewhere other than the hermes boutique she's working. She 's comfortable whether I bought hermes birkin from her store or hermes store in paris, japan, beijing, singapore, m'sia, indonesia, new york, anywhere else around the world and even reseller stores. She said to me what matters is I got the 'real' hermes birkin and I'm happy with my purchase. She always ask me to keep my eyes open and visit the hermes stores whenever I'm travelling and grabbed any birkins they offered. Of course, I must make sure that I like the color and its skin.