Beyond the Rack return policy

MercedesGL

Nov 26, 2009
Just need abit of clarification, I was reading the above return policy and it seems they dont refund your money back when you return your purchase but rather give you a credit to be used later. Was I reading right?

I have not purchased anything from Beyond the Rack personally, but I do know other sample sale sites or discount sites like Hautelook and Gilt Group do have a similar "return" policy. You may return the item for credit only. I wouldn't be surprised if Beyond the Rack had a similar policy- most likely, you are correct.

It depends on the item you purchase. Some can be refunded back to your cc if returned within x number of days. Others will be final sale and yet others will be for store credit only.

I do understand why they'd only do store credit though- they're offering basically what amounts to a service to help liquidate unsold merchandise at deeply discounted rates. I would think that there should be a little give and take between the consumer and the merchant in cases like this as the prices are set intentionally low to clear out the last of that stock- so returns would negate the point of them being able to liquidate merchandise for retailers and wholesalers.

Hmmm...I purchased some Prada sneakers from them. They arrived in a Prada look-a-like box with a home-made Avery white label placed on the top that said Made In Italy. When I took the shoes out the box...under the tongue of the shoes said Made In Vietnam. Now I might not have thought that much about it if the white label hadn't been put on the box seeing that a lot of these companies do have their products made "elsewhere" especially parts of the product...but the label made it all too suspicious. When I returned the item to them (In Canada...BTW...very expensive) and complained to them I never received a response back from them...very professional...and now I have a account credit for a few hundred dollars. Beware of purchasing from them.

Hmmm...I purchased some Prada sneakers from them. They arrived in a Prada look-a-like box with a home-made Avery white label placed on the top that said Made In Italy. When I took the shoes out the box...under the tongue of the shoes said Made In Vietnam. Now I might not have thought that much about it if the white label hadn't been put on the box seeing that a lot of these companies do have their products made "elsewhere" especially parts of the product...but the label made it all too suspicious. When I returned the item to them (In Canada...BTW...very expensive) and complained to them I never received a response back from them...very professional...and now I have a account credit for a few hundred dollars. Beware of purchasing from them.
I didn't know we had to return in Canada...ugh! They are shipped out from NY. I just got a new pair of shoes from them. I don't like them and they took 3 weeks to get here. I may be stuck with them.....